Chapter 19 Harlow

I jumped and flung myself behind Waylon, shaking from head to toe. Godric was enraged as he stood in front of the girls, glaring at Waylon.

"Alpha, I was just comforting the Luna." Waylon raised his hands in surrender but didn't move, his body still blocking mine.

"Step. Away." Godric growled. By now, Gabriel and Griffin had also appeared in the garden.

"Waylon, just step to the side." Gabriel's voice was a bit calmer. I grabbed a hold of Waylon's arm,

"No, don't!" I begged him. That only seemed to anger Godric more as he began to shake with rage.

"I'm sorry, Alpha, I can't do that. My Luna is fearful and you're causing it. My duty is to her." Waylon replied calmly.

I couldn't believe that Waylon was speaking out against the men he considered his leaders for my safety. I was shocked at his sense of duty towards me and it made my head spin in confusion.

"Ric, you need to calm down, you're scaring her." Gabriel ordered, putting his hand on Godric's arm.

Godric snarled at him and I gasped, shocked that he would react that way towards his own brother.

"Quill. Stand down." Gabriel's voice sounded strange as he spoke to someone else.

"Who's Quill?" I whispered to Waylon.

"It's Godric's wolf, he's not giving up control because another male is with his mate." Waylon whispered back.

"Harlow?" I peeked around Waylon and saw that Griffin was slowly approaching me, "Would you come to me, please?" He asked gently.

I looked up at Waylon as if asking for his opinion. He offered me a reassuring smile,

"Go ahead. They won't hurt you, Harlie." Waylon said,

I slowly stepped around Waylon and kept a careful eye on Griffin. I looked at Gabriel who was holding Godric back and made sure that they stayed put. I took small steps towards Griffin until I felt his hands on my arms.

"Are you okay?" He asked, ducking his head so we were eyelevel, "What happened?"

"I was afraid about never being allowed to leave." I admitted in a small voice, "And never being allowed to go back to school."

Griffin sighed with a small smile on his lips,

"You will be able to leave and you will most definitely be able to go back to school. It's just about building a firm, trusting relationship between the four of us first." He ran his hands up and down my bare arms and I shivered against the warmth his touch brought me.

"Why is he so mad?" I asked sheepishly, looking at Godric from over his shoulder.

"He saw another male comforting his mate. It's hard for us to see that, especially since we haven't built a strong relationship with you and you aren't marked, yet." Griffin explained gently. I wasn't even about to ask what being marked meant.

"He makes me feel comfortable." I mumbled.

I heard a strange noise coming from Griffin and a rumbling sound from his chest. I glanced up and noticed that his eyes were flashing between green and black, and I guess that meant he was fighting with his wolf.

"I'm sorry, angel, it's difficult for me to hear you say that." He said in a husky tone of voice. I was still stuck on him calling me angel.

"Harlow."

I didn't know how I knew that voice belonged to Godric, but I did. I looked around Griffin's arm, but remained rooted in place. I noticed that Griffin didn't move to the side, like he was using his body as a shield, protecting me from Godric for as long as I needed him.