Chapter 46 Godric

Four days. It's been four days since we rescued our mate and brought her back to the pack's hospital. Four days I've spent beside her bed, refusing to leave. She had a broken nose, jaw, and several broken ribs along with a collapsed lung, bruised liver, and a pretty severe concussion. At first, the doctors put her into a medically induced coma so they could treat her injuries. They pulled her out of it yesterday but she still hasn't stirred.

"Ric." Griffin put his hand on my shoulder and I growled at him in warning.

At the moment, I hated my brothers. They allowed my mate to be kidnapped under their care. I left the pack trusting my brothers to care for her and they failed. I knew it wasn't fair, that they were in pain too and they had done everything they could possibly have done to keep her safe, but Quill was irrational and I couldn't think straight without my mate.

Griff sighed and removed his hand, stepping back. Gabe was sitting on the other side of Harlow's bed, his arms folded on her bed and his head buried in his arms. He barely spoke these last four days, he was riddled with shame and guilt and I wasn't in the position to make him feel any better.

Harlow made a noise and we all rushed to her side. Gabe's head snapped up and he grabbed her hand.

"Harlow?" Gabe's voice was hoarse.

We watched her carefully for any signs of pain or consciousness. I ran my hand through her hair and her face instantly relaxed. I left out a hearty sigh and leaned back on the chair when she didn't wake up.

"I can't handle this." I heard Griff growl as he resumed his pacing.

"If you don't sit the fuck down I'm going to break your legs." I snarled at him.

I felt Griff's eyes glaring at the back of my head. He let out a puff of hair and then stomped out of the room.

"I know you're pissed, Ric, but you need to chill out. We're all worried about her." Gabe tried to sound calm but his eyes were stormy. Mine hadn't returned to their usual green since I returned home and found our mate gone.

"I'm not the one who let her get taken." I said to him in a dangerous tone.

"I know I failed at keeping our mate safe, I don't need you shoving it in my face every second of the day." Gabe looked so defeated he didn't even waste the energy it would have taken to get angry with me.

"I never should have left. She was in danger and we all should have stayed." I blamed myself as much as I blamed my brothers.

"We had no way of knowing the extent of their resources." Gabe said,

"I want that bastard found." I felt Quill's anger rising again.

Griff and Gabe had entered the cabin to get our mate, but Quill and I had been too blinded by rage to walk past Christopher. We ripped him to shreds in less time than it took his rogues to reach the porch. I knew I was in no position to see or comfort our mate, so I dove into the remaining army of rogues and ripped them into unrecognizable pieces.

Griff exited the cabin first with our beaten and bruised mate cradled in his arms, completely unconscious. I rushed to her side and saw nothing but red, I couldn't think of anything but finding the sorry excuse for a man who did this to my beautiful mate and ripping him apart. I ran inside the cabin and saw Gabe was finishing up with the rogues. Momentarily, I was distracted by the smell of blood. My mate's blood. When I started to focus again, Gabe had shifted and that's when we realized that Cairo had gotten away.

"The trackers are on it. We'll find him. There's nowhere he can hide." Gabriel was the most determined out of all of us to find Cairo since he blamed himself for letting him get away. In all honesty, I blamed him, too.