Chapter 7 Harlow

I was standing in a brightly lit field with the warm sun shining down on me and a light breeze blowing through the colorful wildflowers. I squinted my eyes against the sunshine and noticed that I was wearing a flowy white sundress, something I would never normally wear, and my feet were bare. I squished my toes into the cool grass as I looked around, trying to name my surroundings.

"Hello, Harlow." I jumped and spun around at the sound of an angelic voice.

Behind me was a tall woman with long golden blonde hair that was literally glowing as it blew around her in the breeze. She had pale skin like snow and beautiful, kind looking blue eyes.

"Hello?" I answered in confusion.

"My name is Selene. You don't know about me yet, but I'm the Goddess of the moon." She seemed to float across the grass as she moved towards me.

"Am I dead?" I asked instantly and the woman, Selene, giggled; it sounded like a thousand twinkling windchimes.

"No, dear, but I understand why you might think that. I wanted to introduce you to three of my children."

She waved her hand and three humongous wolves trotted up from behind her. My heart fluttered with fear but I was rooted in place. I should run, I thought, but something inside me told me that I was safe. The wolves were nearly identical with matching green eyes and fur in varying shades of white and gray.

"These are Frost, Quill, and Lewy." She named the wolves.

"Uhm....hi." I waved at the dogs who, if I didn't know any better, seemed to be laughing at me.

The one she called Frost crouched low on his belly and crawled towards me. He stopped a foot or so from my feet and dropped his head. Lewy and Quill followed behind him. They all looked up at me expectantly.

"I'm sorry, but I don't understand." I said, studying the wolves.

"I know you don't, dear, but you will soon," She smiled sympathetically, "The Emerald family has a very special place in my heart and I believe they are the future of my children. They are strong, kind, and passionate, not to mention humble and generous. They have evolved well in this new era that my children have created and I believe that they will change the views of others for the better."

Most of what Selene just said made absolutely no sense whatsoever.

"Uhm....okay." I mumbled and the woman laughed again.

"These three wolves belong to three human counterparts and you have met them already." She tried to explain.

I had a sudden flashback to standing in the hallway of my apartment and seeing three identical herculean men before everything went black.

"I was kidnapped!" I squawked.

"Yes, that was a bit dramatic, I'll admit." she tsked.

"A bit dramatic!" I cried.

"Harlow, you are not in any danger. Quite the contrary, actually. The triplets will never allow any harm to come to you and they will protect you with their lives. Your happiness and care is now their top priority."

Selene rested her hand on my arm comfortingly, but everything she just said was seriously freaking me out.

"They drugged me and this is all one big hallucination." I said, coming to the only logical conclusion.

"No, dear, it's not. The triplets and these wolves are one in the same, and they are your destiny." Selene's face was serious.

"I make my own destiny." I snapped.