Chapter 15 Harlow

I felt like a zombie as I went through the tour with the brothers. Honestly, I was shocked when they agreed to the deal Clementine suggested. What kind of kidnappers negotiated? Then again, what kind of kidnappers turned into giant dogs?

I had to admit, the house that they deemed the packhouse was amazing. It was easy to see the craftsmanship and care the brothers took in building their brand new home. Everyone we passed was so nice and friendly, even the staff who seemed to enjoy working for my kidnappers. I had to admit, it says a lot about a person when their staff is happy and content. Hands down, my favorite place here was the sunroom. It was beautiful and filled with warm sunlight.

The awkwardness in the room was thick as we all settled into the comfortable furniture with a glass of tea. I looked between Godric, Gabriel, and Griffin and began noticing small differences between them. I was surprised to find that I could easily tell the difference between the three right away, even without their color coded outfits.

"So, first, I wanted to ask what you're thinking about the whole werewolf thing?" Griffin started after a few minutes of silence.

"What I'm thinking?" I looked up at him and cocked my head to the side. Did I even know what I was thinking?

"Yes, how do you feel about it?" He clarified.

Griffin had a soft, calming look about him. From his eyes, to his smile, to his posture, he just exudes gentleness. His voice was smooth like butter and his gaze was very soothing as he looked over at me from across the sunroom.

"I feel like I'm still hallucinating but, at this point, I'm just going with it." I shrugged. Griffin smirked at me and I heard Godric chuckle from the couch beside me.

"Fair enough. This next part might be even harder to understand." Griffin said, suddenly looking nervous.

"Just tell me." I sighed, tired of all the cloak and dagger.

"What did the Moon Goddess tell you about herself?" Gabriel asked and I turned to face him.

He was sitting the furthest away on a chair close to the collapsable wall.

"Nothing, really." I said. I wondered what the big deal was about my dream?

"Well, Selene is the creator of the supernatural world." Gabriel said,

"The supernatural world?" I squeaked.

"Everything's real, Harlow. Vampires, fae, witches, dwarves...." Godric said, looking at me intensely like he was trying to gauge my reaction.

Godric was the most intense out of the three. He was always stiff and sitting on the edge of his seat like he was ready to jump up at any moment. He spoke in a low, gruff sounding tone of voice and always had a serious expression.

"Right." I gulped. I heard Gabriel sigh and I looked back in his direction.

"She's like our mother and guides us, but she never interferes. She pairs us with our wolf consciousness and our soulmate." Gabriel said,

"Wolf consciousness?" I asked curiously.

"Our wolves are a separate consciousness living within our body, like a second soul. Wolves are immortal, when we die, they are returned to the Moon Goddess who then pairs them with another human body within a werewolf bloodline." Gabriel spoke expertly but also passionately; something about the look in his eyes made me want to believe him.

Gabriel was the most serious of the bunch. He spoke with a purpose and barely said anything more than what was absolutely necessary. I also noticed that he was the least emotional with an expression that was nearly unchanging. But, he was incredibly passionate and fierce, that was easy enough to see.