Chapter 28 Gabriel

She tugged at my arm and I pulled away so I could look into her wild eyes. Her lips were red and swollen, her cheeks flushed deliciously.

"How can you say that?" She gasped.

"Because I mean it. I love you more than life itself. You're my entire world, little mate, and nothing will ever change that. One day soon, you'll be able to say it back and feel exactly the same way." I smirked, running my thumb across her hot cheek.

"You're mad, Alpha Gabriel." She giggled.

"Oh Goddess, woman, you're going to be the death of me." A throaty growl rose up from my chest and I groaned as Lewy thrashed against my control, "You have no idea what you do to Lewy and I. I swear, your scent is the only thing keeping me sane."

"Is that why you keep sniffing me?" She teased as I buried myself in her neck again.

"That's exactly why."

"You need to bottle it." She laughed and I shook my head,

"It would never smell as good as it does fresh from your warm skin." I winked at her with a crooked smile.

"Alright, alright, you're getting between me and my breakfast." Harlow started to whine, shifting off of my lap to sit on the bench beside me.

I threw my head back and let out a hearty laugh, which earned me one more good shove. I wasn't expecting it and I fell off the bench, hitting the ground hard. Harlow started crying with laughter and I didn't even care that my ass was throbbing, her hysterical, snorting laugh was worth every ounce of pain.

"Ow." I groaned, rubbing my ass as I stood up.

"Are you okay?" Harlow asked between laughing fits, drying her eyes.

"Oh, sure, you look real concerned." I teased her, planting a kiss on the top of her head as I walked around the table.

"I am, really." She argued, scrunching her face to try and look serious. I just shook my head at her as I sat down.

We continued eating our breakfast and I noticed that Harlow continuously fiddled with her necklace, which made me happy. I started cleaning up once we were finished and Harlow stretched out on the bench.

"I was wondering, how did you choose your Betas and Gamma?" She asked, biting her bottom lip, something that I noticed she did whenever she was unsure or nervous about something.

"Callie, Ambrose, and Cambridge's dad was my dad's Beta and their Mom is Dad's sister, our Aunt Lily. So, technically, they're our cousins and we all grew up as close friends." I said and I saw a new question bubbling in my mate's eyes so I paused before continuing,

"I didn't know your dad had a sister?" She said with her eyebrow raised in curiosity.

"He did, she was his baby sister and a huge part of his life. She died giving birth to Cam. Her mate and Dad's old Beta, Garrick, raised the kids but you could tell that was the only reason he was still alive. Once they were grown he just kind of withered away without his mate."

I started feeling a little sad thinking about it. I didn't get to know my Aunt Lily and I hardly knew Uncle Garrick. Our cousins were basically raised by my parents and I could tell it took a toll on my dad. Dad talked about Aunt Lily often and I wished all the time that we had gotten to meet her. I cleared my throat and smiled at Harlow who looked regretful of ever asking me about it at all.

"As for the Gamma," I went on and she smiled, grateful for the topic change, "Waylon's adoptive dads are Mateo and Caleb; Mateo was my dad's Gamma. Waylon's biological father was one of our pack's top warriors before he died in battle, so he was a pretty obvious choice. Godric is the only member of our pack who can give Waylon a run for his money, otherwise, he's our most elite warrior which is why we only have one Gamma." I explained.