Chapter 34 Harlow

The packhouse itself was quiet and still. Waylon threw open the front door and I was greeted by chaos. The guards looked shocked when they saw me but didn't dare say anything. Instead, several of them followed after us and, by the time we made it to the center of the packgrounds, there was a small army surrounding Nova and I.

Everywhere I looked there was fighting. I had never seen a rogue before, but I knew the difference between the pack wolves and the rogues instantly. They were smaller, dirty, and scrawny compared to the pack wolves and I also felt a deep seeded hatred towards them. There were dead human bodies covered in blood and dirt all over the place, but something told me none of them were members of the pack.

"Where are the women and children?" I asked Waylon as we neared the hospital.

"They all made it safely to the bunker." He reported. I didn't even know there was a bunker but I was glad to hear that they were safe.

The hospital was heavily guarded but they quickly bowed and opened the doors when we arrived. Waylon rushed us through the hospital, which looked no different than any city hospital I'd been in, with several guards hot on our heels. I had the feeling I would never be without guards again.

"Gamma?" A young woman with black hair and dark eyes, dressed in a lab coat, paused in the middle of the hallway.

"Dr. Mollie. I'm here with the Luna." He said, stepping to the side. I rushed forward.

"Oh! Luna." Dr. Mollie bowed her head but I was in no mood for the niceties,

"Where's Griffin?" I demanded. Her eyes went wide.

"We just got him stabilized. He took a nasty blow to his underbelly. We can't stitch wolves up because of their quick healing, but there was too much bleeding so we had to put compression dressings on it until the healing starts. He's unconscious from the blood loss and we have him hooked up to some IVs."

"Where. Is. He." If I was a werewolf, I would've growled at this woman who was moving too slowly. As it was, my jaw was clenched and I forced the words out between gritted teeth.

"This way, Luna." Dr. Mollie craned her head weirdly to the side like she was trying to show me her neck before she hurried off down the hall.

She pushed open a door and I rushed inside. Waylon and Nova stayed outside as I shuffled across the room. I heard the door close behind me and I was left alone in the dark room with Griffin. He was resting on a hospital bed with nothing but the soft glow from the machines to light the room, the quiet beeping and subtle drip from the IV were the only sounds in the room.

I hurried to his bedside and looked over him. His hair was a mess and hanging over his forehead. I gently pushed it back, running my fingers through his thick, shaggy chestnut locks. His face, which was pinched in pain, relaxed instantly. I shoved the chair away and curled into bed next to him, resting my head on his chest.

The silence seemed to stretch on forever. Waylon continued to poke his head in to check on me and give me updates on the fighting outside. Nova snuck in at one point to check on her brother before leaving again.

The fighting kept going for almost two hours before Waylon came in again to deliver the news. The battle was won, the rogues were all dead or imprisoned, and the pack had suffered minimal loses and injuries. But, there were losses. Five wolves lost their lives and five families would never be the same.

"How are Godric and Gabriel?" I asked quickly.

"They're fine, Luna. They're a little pissed that you left the house, but they understand. They'll be here to check on you soon." Waylon said before leaving the room.