Chapter 41 Harlow

Matti went towards my bedroom while I went to the guest rooms where the kids were hiding out. They weren't big into leaving their room right now and they mostly all stayed together in Tulley's bed. I couldn't blame them and I encouraged the boys to give them space right now. I knocked on Tulley's door and she opened it hesitantly.

"Hey! Matti and I are having a movie night sleepover if you three want to join? There's going to be snacks soon!" I said with a smile.

"Movie!" Maggie giggled, running towards me.

"I guess that's a yes." Tulley laughed. She picked up Canyon and they followed me to the living room outside of my bedroom.

Matti had found a bunch of blankets and pillows and made a huge nest on the floor in front of the sofa. Canyon jumped in like it was a ball pit and started to giggle. Maggie joined him and Tulley sat between them, holding them still. Matti and I joined, and we started looking through different streaming services that were available on the large smart TV.

Maggie shouted out when she saw the Disney movies and we ended up settling on a Disney movie marathon, starting with Enchanto first. We were halfway through the second movie choice, Inside Out, when there was a knock on the door. I scrambled for the remote and hit the pause button,

"Come in!" I called out and the door fell open.

Amanda pushed a kitchen cart into the room with a smile on her face. The cart was piled high with snacks in beautifully colored bowls. It looked like something you would find at one of those fancy birthday parties that rich parents had designed for their kids.

"Hello, ladies and gent," She laughed when she saw Canyon buried in the blankets, "Gabe said you would like some movie snacks." She grinned, pushing the cart towards our nest.

"Thank you so much Amanda!" I hopped up and started investigating the options.

Maggie had huge eyes as she zeroed in on the cotton candy. I laughed and handed the container over to her. There were two movie theater style popcorn buckets that I passed over to Matti so we could all share. I shuffled through some boxes of candy and tossed Tulley her favorite options. Canyon was happy with an extra large soda. I wasn't sure if that was such a good option, but, hey, it's a sleepover, right?

"I wanted to tell you, Amanda, that all of you're cooking is so amazing." I said once the kids were settled,

"Oh, Luna, that means so much! Thank you." Amanda blushed.

"Seriously, it's like the best food I've ever eaten." I wasn't even lying, her food was amazing.

"We work very hard to ensure that the ranked members are satisfied. If there's ever anything you want changed or a special meal you'd like, Luna, please don't hesitate to tell us." Amanda bowed her head.

"I noticed that you call the Alphas by their names." I observed, hoping that I could convince her to stop calling me Luna.

"Oh, does that offend you, Luna? I can certainly address them formally. It's just, I've been here for so long and the Alphas insisted that I address them informally. I started in the CC and I've been cooking for them since they were boys." She was rambling nervously now. I smiled and laid my hand on her arm,

"Amanda, please. I only said that because I was hoping to convince you to call me Harlie instead of Luna." I laughed and she instantly relaxed.

"Oh, if that's what you prefer."

"Please. I just can't get used to all the formality around here." I said and Matti laughed from behind me.

"Yeah, I heard you yelled at everyone outside the bunker yesterday because they were all bowing at you."