Chapter 1 Harlow

"Honey! Honey! Are you coming or not?" Someone shouted and, no, it wasn't a parent using some cute little pet name for me.

That would require having parents which I, in fact, did not.

"Keep your bra on, Sugar!" I snapped back, sighing as I aggressively dropped the tube of lipstick I was using down on my vanity.

I checked myself out one last time in the three sided mirror, fluffing out my thick blonde hair that was cascading in waves over my shoulders. I had powder on my face that made me appear golden in the lights of the club and dark, smokey eyeliner surrounding my hazel colored eyes. Puckering my now red stained lips, I nodded at my reflection, feeling satisfied with my appearance.

I jumped off the stool and adjusted my bikini. It was a sparkly purple number with a thong that didn't even touch my ass cheeks and a top that was simply two little triangles covering my nipples and barely kept my chest contained.

As I walked closer to the dressing room doors, the music got louder to the point where I could feel the base pounding in my chest. I shook my head and went to a place in my mind that allowed me to live with myself despite my employment. I knocked twice on the door, indicating to the security guards on the floor that I was ready.

"Welcome Honey onto stage 2!" One of the bartenders announced over the loudspeaker and then the doors flung open.

I put my hands on my hips and faked my most seductive smile as I strut across the floor with a bouncer on either side of me to keep the eager patrons from getting too handsy. They helped me onto one of the small, circular stages with a pole standing in the middle. I began my show by playing with the bouncer's long black tie, winking at him. They were good sports, always playing along and taking good care of us dancers.

The Mpire Gentleman's Club in Downtown, D.C. was crowded, as was usual for a Saturday night after dark. It was one of the more high end clubs located downtown with first class dining and high class dancers. On either side of the u-shaped bar, which featured white marble countertops and velvet covered bar stools, were several circular stages for the dancers. The edge of the club was lined with high top tables and booths, leaving little space between them.

The walls were stark white which acted as the perfect backdrop to the dim yet colorful lighting, and high up towards the ceiling were large side by side windows. There were horseshoe shaped booths clad in red velvet in private VIP areas along with a loft overlooking the bar and dancers. The food and drinks were nothing less than gourmet. It wasn't unusual for business meetings or financial deals to be conducted here alongside bachelor parties and wealthy men dodging their wives.

I wasn't particularly proud of myself for this line of work, but it allowed me to make more money in three days than I would in an entire week and, with my busy class schedule, that's exactly what I needed. I needed money and I needed to put as much time into my college degree as possible. That's how I found myself here, at the gentleman's club, for about a year now as the sparkling dancer known only as Honey.

There were a few low whistles and catcalls before the space around my stage became a little more crowded. I tried to ignore it when I saw men adjusting themselves in their chairs so they could get a better look at me. I spun myself around the pole as seductively as I could manage, using my hair to my advantage as I flipped it over my shoulder.

After my time slot was up, the bouncers, once again, helped me from the stage and I started to make my rounds. Once our time on the stage was finished, we became sort of like waitresses, walking around to offer drinks and a good time to the patrons. There were private stalls and rooms available for an extra good time at a premium price. Every dancer had a bouncer who circled the room with them, keeping a close eye to ensure that the patrons kept their hands to themselves unless they paid for the privilege.