Chapter 42 Gabriel

The haze of desire was almost becoming unbearable. I would never compromise my mate or go against what she wanted, but I was going to have to start taking some cold showers if she made me wait much longer. She was killing me, slowly and mercilessly.

About an hour later, I felt a mindlink coming through.

"The rogue camp is deserted." Godric said, "We arrived about two hours ago and did a thorough investigation of the area to make sure they weren't hiding somewhere or nearby, and nothing. But, there's tons of evidence of rogues and scents everywhere so we're going to camp out tonight and start tracking the scents tomorrow."

"Same news on Griff's end and same plan. Let me know what you find tomorrow. And, for the sake of my sanity, please check in more often." I grumbled.

"Why?" Godric seemed confused.

"Why? Because our mate is over here having a heart attack. You two should feel good about yourselves, she's extremely worried about you." I explained.

"I'm not going to lie, that does make me feel pretty good," Ric purred, "But, I hate that she's so upset. Is she okay?"

"She's okay. She's with Matti who's missing Ambrose, of course. They're having a sleepover and I'm sulking in my office because I can't be involved in any pillow fights." Lewy and I were both pouting. I heard Ric laughing,

"Poor Gabriel." He faked a pout.

"Shut up and just update in the morning so I can tell her news before she asks. I'm taking her shopping tomorrow to keep her distracted."

"Are you sure leaving the pack is a good idea?" Ric sounded concerned.

"Half the pack is going with us, we'll be fine." I laughed.

"Okay, okay. I know you'll keep her safe." Ric conceded and then closed the link.

Keeping true to my word, I immediately left my office and hurried up to our floor. I smirked at Waylon who was lounging on the sofa in the front living room. He gave me a two finger wave before going back to his TV show. I knocked on the door to our wing and opened it without waiting for an answer. I was shocked when Harlow was already standing in front of me, waiting for news. I put my hands on her hips to stop her bouncing and laughed at her.

"Is it Godric?" She glared at my stalling tactics.

"Yes and he's fine. He reported back the same news at Griff. They're resting tonight and will track tomorrow."

"Okay, that's good." She nodded, seeming to be trying to convince herself that everything was fine.

I cupped her face and smoothed down her hair, pressing my lips to hers sweetly.

"Your mates are all fine, my love." I assured her.

I looked behind her to see that the girls had created a very comfy looking nest on the floor in front of the sofa. I laughed and guided her back over there.

"Ambrose is good too, Matti." I said and she smiled brightly at me.

"Thanks, Gabe."

"I'll be in my room if you girls need anything."

"You can join us for our chick flick marathon, Alpha." Matti teased me and then I was being pulled into the nest.

Harlow started laughing as I fell across her lap. She tangled her hands in my hair and that was it, I was held captive by my little mate until she said I could leave. These girls were relentless with their movie choices and managed to stay awake until 3:00AM to end their movie marathon. They both fell asleep in the nest and I wasn't about to argue with the chance to sleep an entire night with my mate.