Chapter 22 Harlow

I had no idea what had gotten into the triplets, but I was beyond grateful when they started visiting me one-on-one. It was so overwhelming having all three of them hovering around all of the time. I was shocked at my interaction with Godric two days before. After he apologized, we spent hours just talking and eventually we got on the topic of our favorite movies, so we watched his favorite movie on Netflix until dinner time.

The soft side of Godric was mind boggling, almost to the point of being deceitful, until I realized that it wasn't an act or a trick and he was just being genuine. He was an honest to God sweetheart hidden behind brute muscle.

I guess today was Griffin's day to impress. When he showed up solo this morning I started to get the idea that I was being wooed. But, since they were getting better at giving me choices and freedom, I figured that I could play along, for now at least.

"The girls gave me a pretty thorough tour yesterday, I don't think I missed out on anything." I shrugged.

"Well then, let's see the places that aren't on the grand tour." He grinned at me with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

Before I could ask what he meant, he grabbed my hand and pulled me from the room. Waylon jumped up and followed us in the elevator.

"Waylon, go talk to Gabe and Ric about who will accompany the girls on the shopping trip this afternoon. I can protect our Luna from here." He said, waving off Waylon.

"You want me to tell them about the Luna leaving the grounds?" Waylon looked slightly nauseous.

Griffin threw his head back and laughed.

"Okay, hold on." His eyes went black and a dazed look crossed his face for a minute or two. It looked like he was arguing with himself.

"They know." He said and Waylon nodded before disappearing.

"What just happened?" I asked.

"Oh, I mindlinked Gabe and Ric." Griffin shrugged, tugging me out the front door.

"It didn't look like a pleasant conversation." I noticed and he chuckled at me,

"You noticed that, huh? It's okay, they'll get over it. It was mostly just Ric wanting to go along and Gabe not being 100% sure about you leaving." He shrugged, trying to sound casual.

"Gabriel doesn't trust me not to run away." I said. I wasn't offended, how could I be? If I had the chance, I would definitely make a run for it.

Wouldn't I?

"Gabe doesn't trust anyone with anything. Just give him some time." Griffin smiled down at me as we walked through the packgrounds.

Everyone smiled at Griffin and greeted him as we weaved through the streets. I was surprised that he knew everyone's name and even had some pleasant conversations with a few people. He seemed proud to introduce me, but only told them my name, which I was grateful for. I didn't need people around here thinking that I was their Luna or anything.

"Where are we going?" I asked as we moved away from the main part of the packgrounds and towards the woods.

"There are some pretty amazing sights around us. We're inside the Crow's Nest Natural Area Preserve. There's miles of rivers and streams, wetlands, and some gorgeous hardwood trees that are as old as the pack." Griffin grinned as he pulled me into the woods.

"How old is the pack?" I asked out of curiosity.

"More than two hundred years old." He replied.

As we moved through the woods, it got darker under the canopy of lush trees. Only bits of sunlight streamed through the hardwoods that towered above us, leaving some areas as dark as night. I wasn't one to usually be fearful of the woods, but the darkness and strange animal sounds had me on edge. I clung to Griffin's hand, shoving myself against his side. Between the two evils, the dark woods and my kidnapper, I would take my kidnapper anyday.