Chapter 2 Griffin

"There is so much about this that is unnecessary." I grumbled, following my brothers, Godric and Gabriel, out of the packhouse.

"Oh, I don't know, I think it'll be fun." Ric winked and I just rolled my eyes at him in disgust.

"This isn't about having fun, Ric, it's about business." Gabe snapped, seeming irritated with the pair of us.

"I don't think we need to make an alliance with a pack like Harvest Moon in the first place." I argued.

We reached Gabe's SUV and climbed in. As usual, Gabe drove with Ric in the passenger seat. As the youngest, I was always shoved in the back seat. Mind you, I was only younger by 10 minutes, but they never let me forget it.

"They're only a few hours away and could be helpful in the event of an attack. Having an understanding with them is not the same as being friendly." Gabriel eyed me from the rearview mirror.

Gabriel was born first, making him the ultimate Alpha over the three of us, but we all shared in the responsibility of leading our pack and making decisions as joint Alphas. Ric was the middle triplet and, as such, was the loudest and most rambunctious. I liked to think of myself as the fun, easygoing brother, but I'm sure Ric and Gabe have other opinions.

We were driving into the city to meet up with Alpha Kingsley of the Harvest Moon pack. D.C. was a neutral, centralized location between our two packs making it, in Gabe's opinion, the perfect place for hosting our meeting. Being the generous Alpha that he is, Gabe allowed Alpha King to pick the location and he chose a gentlemen's club in the downtown area. Ric was beside himself with anticipation, Gabe, as usual, was emotionless about the whole thing, and I was struggling to hide my irritation.

"I've heard good things about this club." Ric said, changing the subject.

"Alpha King has reserved a VIP booth for us to conduct our meeting. Once our business is finished, we'll be going." Gabe glared at Ric.

We might be identical triplets, but we couldn't have been more different.

Gabe was a strong, level-headed leader who remained impartial and emotionless in nearly all aspects of his life. He looked at things from a logical perspective which, as an Alpha, was great but, as anything else, was not so great. This included the idea of finding our mate and Luna. Instead of a romantic life partner, Gabe was only interested in a Luna who could rule at our side without much assistance; a sort of business partner if you will.

Godric was all brute force and bullheadedness. He was the best fighter among us, brutally honest, and not at all tactful or in tune with his emotions. However, he felt that a mate was precious and his to protect, care for, and nurture. He sees his mate as someone who should be guarded and protected, under watchful eyes, and not allowed to leave the packhouse or engage in any sort of activity that he deemed as dangerous (which were nearly all activities). I wasn't sure how well he thought that was going to go over with a woman but, that was his problem not mine.

I see myself as the most emotional of the group and definitely as the jokester. No doubt I was the class clown, always playing pranks on my brothers and getting a laugh from our pack members. I wanted a Luna who would be my equal, and a mate who I could love and cherish. I wasn't interested in arm candy or a model Luna. I wanted a real life woman, strong and opinionated; my mother and younger sister have given me plenty of practice with that.

"You can leave whenever you want to." Ric said,

"It's dishonorable, Ric." I kicked the back of his seat and he turned around to shoot me a mischievous look.