♪Chapter 51: Memory Of The Shadows♪

❁(Y/n)'s POV❁

And I jinxed it. This tunnel was longer than we expected it. I was getting tired as I just sat down on the ground with exhaustion in my face.

Lloyd: "We haven't even walked that far."

(Y/n): "To me, I feel like we've been walking for hours."

Lloyd: "It's only been 37 minutes since we just started to walk through this tunnel and you are already tried?"

(Y/n): "Yes and no. 1. I haven't got a good rest since the last mission. 2. I've need a break on walking around and-"

Lloyd then realized what this meant.

Lloyd: "Oh, no. I'm not caring you on my back so don't think about it."

(Y/n): "What? No. I just didn't get enough rest. Why would you think I want you to carry me?"

Lloyd: "Well, I thought you just... You like... Nevermind."

I stand up as I brush off the dirt.

(Y/n): "Let's just continue. Who knows how far this tunnel can go."

I picked up my backpack as I turned the flashlight on since it was getting darker and darker as we get deeper in the tunnel. We continued through the tunnel as we finally reached to a room. The room was mostly empty but had old machinery that I've never seen before.

Lloyd: "What are these?"

(Y/n): "I'm not sure but these don't look like any kind of the recent or old ones I've seen before. They look ancient."

I picked one of them up as I just looked at it. It was rusty and very old. Like it's been here for centuries.

Lloyd: "Hey. Come take a look at this."

I walked over to Lloyd and saw many markings on the wall. Especially the one I saw in my dream. There were many drawings and one caught my interest. A female who looked just like me was defeating... Oni?

(Y/n): "Oni? What are they doing in this part of the drawing?"

Lloyd: "I'm not sure but it looks like they been in Ninjago before."

(Y/n): "But we defeated them. Well to be honest, I was dying in those moments so you guys kinda defeated them. But this doesn't make sense. The Oni didn't arrived a long time ago. We weren't even born yet."

There was some writing in the side as I started to read it.

(Y/n): "Our hero has fallen but saved our lives. Some lives were lost while some were saved. A new generation will rise up and take back the throne. May you rest now-"

I stopped as I read the last line. It was my mother's name. I was surprised that my mother was apart of this battle. I then realized what actually killed her. Oni killed her.

Lloyd: "What? What's wrong?"

I turned around to face Lloyd with a shocked face.

(Y/n): "An Oni took her life... And it was my mother's life that was taken away."

Lloyd: "Wait. You mean like... She got hit by their powers just like you did?"