Chapter 16: "Blood is thicker than water"

Comenzar desde el principio

"Are you referring to my work or to Julius?" Danny asks, he doesn't seem to care that she saw us and that makes her lose some of her confidence.

So she looks a bit angry in the direction of Danny's work and I see that she is surprised and actually likes it, it's painted all over her face.

"I must admit, it's nice," she says and Danny smirks and starts talking with her about the murals and colors in general and it takes them some time because they actually talking. I sigh wondering who is the guilty one in this situation. I know that Fiona has been seen with Brandon from time to time but I'm not sure if he is cheating on Danny. And Danny keeps saying that everything is alright, actually since I move out Brandon finally seems to get his shit together. He seems dedicated both to his pack and his mate.

Danny stays to paint as Fiona offers to take me to the Infirmary since I have an appointment with Alyssa. She seems to be deep in thought as she says:

"You think that I'm evil but I love him, I love Brandon," she says sadly and I block my wheelchair and look at her.

"You are not evil Fiona, but Brandon and Danny are marked, true mates."

"It doesn't guarantee anything, you rejected your true mate."

I sigh once again, maybe I'm too harsh for her.

"Yes, but we weren't marked and since we mated I've never looked in the direction of another woman and Madison made my life a living hell. Fiona, Brandon made the decision. He marked Danny, he brought him here, they live together and rejecting a marked true mate is impossible. Brandon can't promise you anything. And Fiona you are twenty years old, your mate can be somewhere."

She avoids looking at me when she says:

"Many werewolves don't find their mates. My parents weren't true mates, your parents weren't true mates."

"I'm just saying that "what if" is still possible for you Fiona."

"But you and Danny..."

"I moved out Fiona, I moved out of the house because that was a decent thing to do. I gave them space, you should too."

As I enter the Infirmary I see there Natasha and Alyssa talking, they both look not happy.

"What's wrong again?" I ask and Natasha sighs.

"Chen officially informed me that he doesn't intend to lay claims to Alpha's position after my death. This means that the elders had to sit and talk and according to tradition everybody has a right to point a candidate and each candidate has to be given the chance if he has a strong enough wolf and at least three votes from elders and apparently Preston as an elder of the pack now managed to convince some of them to vote for Brandon."

"You are not serious?" I spit.

"Exactly my words," says Alyssa "And for sure Preston informed Brandon about that so that's why Brandon is behaving so perfectly recently. Well, stop with these dark thoughts. During the celebrations, the candidates will be officially announced and they will start the trial period. After that, the elders and the pack's officials will talk again and we will see."

Danny POV

Terry nods as I finish telling him everything I know about the current situation. I'm so grateful that he didn't shoot Julius, I...

"Don't worry Danny I don't kill if I'm not sure who I point my gun" Terry says but I don't feel any better.

"Nevertheless we need to stay low for some weeks," Aunty Mae speaks "I'm sorry but the girls won't be able to step a foot out of the house for some time and if we have another burglary you will behave like a normal citizen and call the police. The Howl Pack has increased the surveillance in our town so we must be extremely careful. But I really think that we should consider negotiations with them."