Chapter 39

Returning back home was a little more sad this time since I knew I wouldn't be seeing the boys for a very long time after they start their tour this week. I could only hope that all the artists would have a memorable time as well as stay safe as they travel across the country. I could only remember the stress of traveling through different states and cities during their Europe run with Grave District, and while it was fun, it was stressful as the bands had to be able to reach their designated city in time to perform for the fans who had bought tickets to see them. I wasn't sure what would come to Palaye and Lizzie as they would be doing this for the next month and a half, but I had hope that things would go well and nothing would ruin their chance to have a great tour. Oh, how I wish the universe would listen to my pleas sometimes. Near the end of the week on Friday, I got a call early in the morning before I even had a chance to wake up. I picked up the phone next to my bed and answered it while yawning, "Ugh, hello?" Nothing prepared me for what was going to happen next.

"CARINA! IT'S ME, DEL!" Del? Up this early? I figure it's because of Rosabella, but the alarm in her tone made me worry something mightve happen with her. I spoke up a little more, "Del, what's wrong? Is everything alright with you?" She clarified as she understood what I was implying, "What? Oh, yeah! I'm okay, everyone here is okay. I just needed to get a hold of you before you saw it!" I was confused, "Saw what?" She hesitated before explaining, "Scott got up earlier to pick up some diapers for Rosa because we ran out, but then he brought something back with them and told me I should let you know..." I was getting very concerned at this point, "Know what? You're scaring me, Delilah." She finally revealed to me, "The tabloids have your picture on the front cover, Carina. You AND Remington...kissing on the rooftop of an abandoned building in Los Angeles. It was published earlier this morning and is in every magazine stand and liquor store. Carina, how did this happen? I don't want to say you two should've been more careful, but I'm scared for both you and Remington. What do we do?" I barely heard that last sentence as the phone fell out of my hand and I remained reclusive for the rest of the day.

Remington's POV

Traveling to the next city today for our tour and I was so excited to continue as we managed to have an explosive start to it all. The very first night was unforgettable as all the fans were so full of energy and singing our songs back to us. Even when Lizzie opened the show for us, she was smiling the entire time as the audience loved her and her performances. Every night since then had been amazing as we'd spend one part of each night singing our hearts out on stage, and the other part meeting up with our fans outside of every venue to show them how grateful we are for their love and support. Our bus for this tour seemed even bigger than the one we had for Europe almost two years ago and it was so impressive to have things upgraded just for us. At the end of it all, I'd go to bed in my bunk and take a look at my locket with Carina's picture and smile as I hoped to return to her as soon as possible when this tour was over and I'd get to hold her in my arms once more.

When I woke up to us already in the next city, I was excited to get things ready when Emerson suggested the idea of us picking up breakfast at a local restaurant. I volunteered to go get it for us as Andrew and Lizzie decided to come along with me. As we walked out of the bus and headed to the closest restaurant we could find that was open and serving breakfast, Lizzie was about to head into a convenience store to buy some snacks and essentials for the road. We acknowledged her and let her go as we waited to order our food. Me and Andrew talked while waiting for our food to be served and he joked about how much crazier this tour has been compared to Europe and there was no was it could get any more. I agreed, until we finally got our food and we were met by Lizzie who was frantically trying to get us back inside the bus with no explanation. When we got settled inside, her behavior seemed strange to all of us as I complained to her, "Jesus Christ, Lizzie! What's the rush? The show isn't until a couple of hours."

She was holding something in her hand and before explaining what it was, she asked me, "Remington, when was the last time you saw Carina?" The question seemed random, but I answered anyway, "This past weekend before the tour started. Why?" She asked one more question, "Did you go anywhere together in public?" That one actually made me skeptical about where she was going with this and I answered hesitantly, "Um, well, kind of. I took her to some old building where it was empty in the middle of the night and we were on the roof so no one below us would ever see." Even my brothers wore faces saying "Are you stupid or something?", when Lizzie looked frustrated as she ran her hand through her frizzy hair, shaking her head. She looked up at me and held a face of worry this time when she held up what was revealed to be a magazine in her hand and showed us the picture on the front cover. My body shut down as Lizzie expressed with regret, "It seems being on top of an abandoned building wouldn't keep your secret safe. These were all over the magazine rack at the shop and I'm afraid our fans will see them today. I'm so sorry, Rem."