32: Try Not To Miss

"He

"He...showed me things that haven't happened yet. The most awful things." Nancy explained in a hoarse voice as we gathered around the Mayfield living room. We had waited a few hours before asking Nancy what she saw, attempting to eat and clean ourselves up but no one really had the energy for it. I even tried to contact El but i found myself stuck in some kind of debilitating memory of the lab. It was odd, the lights were too bright, sounds were too loud, and I could hear a heart rapidly beating that wasn't mine.

"I saw a dark cloud...spreading over Hawkins. Downtown on fire. Dead soldiers. And this...giant creature with...a gaping mouth. And this creature wasn't alone. They're were so many monsters. An army. And they were coming into Hawkins. Into our neighborhoods. Our homes." Nancy continued and it sounded familiar to what I saw a few days ago. It was like Vecna was taunting us, trying to scare us into submission.

"And then

"And then...he showed me my mom. And Holly. Mike. And they... they were all..." Her voice trailed off as she began to cry but it wasn't hard to guess what she saw.

"Okay, but...he's just trying to scare you, Nance. Right I mean...I mean, it's not real." Steve countered and I shook my head in disagreement

"But it could- no, it will be. Venca is coming for us, and I don't know...maybe this time we won't win. Not to sound like a downer or whatever but...we're kids Steve. Each of us more unqualified than the last, if Nance saw what I saw...the creatures, the fire, death on every inch of town, the gates-"

"Wait a minute what gates?" Steve asked confused

"The gates, he showed me gates. Four gates." Nancy commented and I nodded

"They were spreading across Hawkins, ripping the town apart as they grew bigger and bigger. Swallowing buildings, even entire neighborhoods. An it just...it's not going to stop." I whispered sadly as I ran my hands down my face. I could feel Dustin gently wrapping an arm around me as a source of comfort, but it didn't really help.

"Four chimes. Venca's clock. It always chimes four times. Four exactly." Max spoke up and we all turned to look at her

"I heard them too." Nancy whispered in a shaky breath and I nodded my head in agreement, not being able to bring myself to speak again.