07: Family Reunion

I was currently sitting on the floor in Jonathan's room while Nicky made his toy truck float in circles above us. Honestly after the stressful few days he's had, I'm surprised he's even awake but he refuses to leave my side.

"Bee?" Nicky whispered an I turned my head to look at him

"Yeah?"

"Is Joyce our momma now?" He asked hesitantly

"Um...I don't really know yet." I smiled turning to face him completely as I sat on my knees, folding my arms on the bed and resting my head on them.

"I like her better then mommy, Joyce isn't mean to us. She doesn't hurt you." He mumbled an I nodded in agreement

"I'm uh, I'm sorry you had to see that the other day. She shouldn't have done that in front of you." I sighed thinking back to how scared he looked at he saw Anne hit me. Normally she controlled her outburst and only acted on her anger when Nicky wasn't around but...you can only push a person so far I guess.

"Do we have to go back?" He asked hesitantly but I immediately shook my head.

"No, no of course not. I'd never put you in that kind of situation, we're never going back." I said reassuringly while grabbing Nicky's hand and he smiled at me.

"Hey..." Max muttered as she knocked her hand against the doorframe

"It's starting?" I asked looking at her and she nodded so I stood up, grabbing Nicky before following her back to the dining room. Once I put Nicky down he went over to the couch and started coloring on a piece of paper from earlier.

I silently walked around the house when I noticed a box with the initials 'B.B.' written on the side with a black marker and it was tipped on its side. I walked over to clean it up and I saw a picture of me when I was about 4. I'd seen this picture before, it was in my bedroom back at the Ellison's.

I quickly picked it up and realized it had been folded in half and the other side of the picture was Will and Jonathan. We were sitting in the front porch with wide smiles on our faces...this had to be the day I was taken. Right? I studied the other things that had fallen from the box and it was things like baby blankets, dolls, and paperwork.

"What's happening?" Jonathan asked as he and Mike followed Hopper back into the house and everyone went over to the kitchen table. Hopper grabbed an old envelope and wrote on it.

"Think he's talking... just not with words." Hopper replied

•••• • •—• •

"Wait what is that?" Steve asked

"Morse code." Everyone replied in unison

"H...E...R...E." Hopper spelled out

"Here." Mike muttered as everyone shared a look.

"Will's still in there. He's talking to us." Hopper informed everyone as we all came to the same conclusion.

"So we keep it that way." Mike instructed before Jonathan rushed to his room and everyone seem to go about finding their own ways to keep Will at the forefront of his mind.

I glanced down at the file in my hand when I noticed it was from the Hawkins department of energy. I went back over to the tipped box and kneeled down to look at all the paperwork. Some of it was birth certificates, hospital records, proof of life, things like that. But a quite a bit of the paper was proof of payment paperwork.

"What the hell..." I muttered in confusion, not understanding why this would be in a box of what was apparently my baby stuff. Nonetheless I flipped through it a bit to see it was just about of legal documents and receipts signed by Lonnie Byers.