16: Stuck Underground

"Okay, clear." Steve whispered before leading us from where we had been hiding behind a storage cabinet.

"Clear, come on, let's go." He said waving us along

"Okay, that was close." Robin said referring to the two Russian soldiers with big guns that almost saw us.

"Yeah, too close." Dustin agreed, grabbing my hand when he noticed that I had unconsciously let go.

"Relax. All right? Relax. Nobody saw..." Steve stared to say before his sentence faded as we turned a corner, coming face to face with the the hub. There we dozens of doctors, scientists, and soldiers walking around.

A female voice was speaking over the PA system, repeating a Russian phrase over an over

A female voice was speaking over the PA system, repeating a Russian phrase over an over. It was like everywhere I looked I saw a bigger gun then the last. Then as if he sensed our presence one of the guards on the upper level turned towards us.

"Shit." Steve whispered as we all moved to hide behind a giant red storage bin.

" Steve whispered as we all moved to hide behind a giant red storage bin

"Red Dawn." Dustin whispered in a panicked tone

"I saw it. First floor, northwest." Erica whispered and we all looked at her

"Saw what?" Steve asked

"The comms room." She expressed

"You see the comms room?" Steve asked in disbelief

"Correct." She was quick to reply. Her voice laced with frantic emotion

"Are you sure?" Dustin asked while Steve peaked his head out of our hiding place to look.

"Positive. The door was open for a second, and I saw a bunch of lights and machines and shit in there." Erica insisted

"That could be a hundred different things." Dustin pointed out

"I'll take those odds." Robin muttered to Steve more than the rest of us an I nodded.

"Better sitting in there than here." I whispered with a shrug as Steve sighed shaking his head. We all peaked out of our hiding place to look over at the door Erica was referring too before quickly ducking back in place.