24: Chrissy Cunningham

"No! No absolutely not!" Steve argued as we stood in his kitchen glaring at the plate on the counter

"It tastes the same Steve!" I repeated trying to defend the grilled sandwich I made. I've been making them like this for as long as I could remember. You put two pieces of bread in the toaster and once they come out, while they're still hot, you put the cheese on so it melts. It's fine!

"Why do you even put the bread in the toaster?" Robin asked trying to stop the argument that's been going on for the last 45 minutes.

"Because when I was younger I couldn't reach the stove! The toaster was in the lower cabinet by the fridge and if I climbed on the counter I could get the bread. It's the same thing." I stressed running my hands through my hair and pulling at it.

"No it isn't, it's cheese toast!" Steve insisted with his hands on his hips.

"It's a sandwich, it doesn't matter. It's edible, isn't it?" I asked inn the same tone before grabbing the plate and turning to go to the living room.

"No! I'm making you a real grilled cheese, this is ridiculous!" Steve said snatching the plate from me and I scoffed

"Fine, whatever!" I yelled throwing my arms up in frustration before grabbing a bag of chips off the counter and leaving the room.

"I swear if I ever meet those shitheads...What kind of people take in a kid and just treat them like shit?" I heard Steve mutter under his breath as Robin sighed.

"Yeah, get in line Harrington." Robin whispered in agreement. I pretended not to hear them as I looked through Steve's movie collection.

🔺👾🔻

Saturday
March 22nd, 1986

"She paused Fast Times at 53 minutes, 5 seconds? Ooo she likes boobs!" I joked with a smirk while sitting on the counter at Family Video

"That's what I'm telling you man! Wait, how do you know that?" Steve asked glancing over at me while putting away last night's returns.