11: Summer Vacation

Late June 1984

"Bye Eds, thanks for the ride

"Bye Eds, thanks for the ride." I said getting out of his van and shutting the door behind me.

"Remember, your next lesson is in three days at noon. Don't be late, call the store if you need a ride." He called from the open window an I nodded with a wave before turning to rush toward the Henderson home. Eddie Munson is a high school student who has been giving me free guitar lessons for the last five months. He worked at the mechanic shop and we met when Steve had to take his car in for a tune up. But now that the Mall is open he works at the music store which is awesome because we both like the same music so whenever a new album comes out he sets one aside for me.

"Oh Beatrice, there you are sweetheart! The others are setting up inside." Claudia smiled opening the door before I could knock and I followed her to her car.

"I'm so excited!" I exclaimed happily, buckling my seatbelt as she pulled out of the driveway. She was letting me ride with her to go get Dustin from camp where he'd been for almost a month. The two of us have been writing to each other everyday and he called me every Saturday after lunch.

Apart from writing to Dustin, my guitar lessons, and babysitting Mike and Lucas's younger sisters, I've spent most of my time with Will and Nicky. The three of us would hang out at the park or the pool whenever our friends were busy doing couple things. Which was a lot, Mike barely showed up to party hang outs while Max and Lucas' on again off again relationship was just annoying to be around some times.

🔺👾🔻

"Dustin!" I yelled waving at him as I leaned against the car next to his mother.

"Holy shit! Trice!" He cheered as we ran towards each other before he picked me up, spinning me around.

"Oh my gosh, I've missed you so much!" I smiled once my feet were back on the ground.

"Dusty Bun!" A voice called and we both turned towards the sound and I noticed a girl with curly brown hair, glasses and a hat that matched the green an yellow one that Dustin was wearing.

"Suzie-Poo, this is my best friend Beatrice. Beatrice this is my girlfriend Suzie." Dustin introduced and I smiled.

"Hi!, it's wonderful to meet you." I greeting holding my hand out to shake her's.

"And you as well. I-"

"Suzie! Let's go!" A girl called with shoulder length black hair an all black clothes.

"That's my sister Eden. I better go." She said quickly letting go of my hand before hugging Dustin and rushing to her sister's car.

"Girlfriend huh?" I teased as Dustin an I went over to his mother's car.

"Oh shut up!" He laughed rolling his eyes and getting in the front seat.

"Oh! I brought pudding!" I cheered grabbing two containers and a plastic spoon from my bag and handing them to him.