15: Underground Russians

"Erica, do you copy?" Robin asked over my supercom as we sat on the roof of the mall.

"Mm-hmm. I copy. You nerds in position or what?" Erica asked from inside Scoops.

"Yeah, we're in position. It's all quiet here, so you've got the green light." Robin replied

"Green light, roger that. Commence Operation: Child Endangerment."

"Ok, can we maybe not call it that?" I asked taking the com from Robin's hand as I rolled my eyes.

"See you on the other side, nerds."

"Her mom is sooo firing me after this." I sighed with my head in my hands.

"Relax kid, no one's getting fired. We're just gonna go in the room and look in some boxes then it will over. Easy peasy." Steve muttered with a shrug

"You better be right." I whispered as the four of us fell into complete silence and I leaned my head against Dustin's arm.

"Alright nerds. I'm there." Erica said after a few minutes and I handed the com back to Robin.

"Do you...do you see anything?" She asked hopefully

"Yeah, I see those boring boxes you're so excited about." Erica replied though I knew a small part of her was interested too. She just didn't want to show it.

"Any guards?" Robin questioned nervously. There was no turning back and we really didn't have a plan for if there were guards inside the room. Hell we barely had a story for if we got caught in there to begin with.

"Negative." Erica said

"Booby traps?" Robin asked almost sarcastically

"If I could see them, they'd be pretty shit traps, wouldn't they?" Erica sassed and we all shared a look rolling our eyes.

"Thank you for that." Robin muttered sarcastically.

"She get this shit from TV, I swear." I muttered running my hand through my hair.

"I'm in." Erica called out

"Oh god..." Steve muttered covering his face with his face.

"What? Steve, don't say that. You just told me to relax, you can not panic. If you panic then-"

"Trice, relax." Dustin muttered with a hand on my shoulder an I nodded taking a deep breath before turning back to the doors just as Erica came outside.

"Free ice cream for life

"Free ice cream for life. An don't think I forgot about those later bedtimes either." She exclaimed with a hand on her hip.

"Come on." Robin muttered as we all rushed to the stairs so we could go meet Erica.

🔺👾🔻

"So what's the plan? We just go in there and start cutting boxes open? Won't they notice something like that?" I asked holding my supercom in one hand and my backpack in the other.