10: Snowball❄️

It took a few weeks for everything to settle after the gate was officially closed. The military and other government officials had taken care of the clean up as far as the house, the junkyard, and the pumpkin patch was concerned. Then there was all the paperwork that we all had to sign which was basically just a bunch of NDA's sayings we'd never tell anyone what happened or about the upside down. However during this, some reporter guy from out of town named Murray Bauman published an article and released a tape about the lab, and several lab officials who admitted to several wrong doings over the years. This also included the death and cover up of a girl named Barb, the false death of myself and Will and even my kidnapping.

After the shut down of the lab and the imprisonment of most of its employees, Dr. Owens was able to work out a deal where El and Nicky would stay with Hopper and I would go home to Joyce. While the article Mr. Bauman wrote didn't disclose my powers, Joyce still thought it would be best to homeschool me. At least until I start high school in the fall, I didn't mind it because every time I went outside people stared at me like I was a ghost.

But on the bright side of all this mess, we got paid...sort of. Because the government couldn't necessarily give checks to a bunch of kids without raising suspicion, they put the money in accounts that we'd later get in the disguise of college scholarships. I didn't mind it because I knew I'd get the money at some point and the most important thing to me was that we all made it out. Sure there's some trauma, and we'll all need a lot of therapy but we're alive.

"Bee! Are you ready yet?!" Will called outside my bedroom door, pulling me out of my thoughts

"Bee! Are you ready yet?!" Will called outside my bedroom door, pulling me out of my thoughts. My room was an old office room that hadn't been used in years so Joyce cleaned it out and we put a bed in there and a few other things just to make it more me.

"Yeah! I'm coming!" I said tying my shoes and grabbing my bag from the floor before rushing out to the hall. We were going shopping to get clothes for the school dance with Nancy, Jonathan, and Mike.

🔺👾🔻

Two weeks later

"Yeah, you got it

"Yeah, you got it. See?" Joyce said from the living room as she was teaching Will how to dance. I was currently in the bathroom putting on some blue eyeshadow that Nancy picked.