Chapter 4 - The Kingdom in the Sky

Start from the beginning

Dedede went back to his pie. "You three, please have a moment in the other room, I have king stuff to finish, until next time!"

When the three sisters left the room, Dedede grabbed the pie with his two hands, but noticed it started shaking. The pie then exploded on his face, which made the penguin angry.

"Darn it, who ruined my perfect pie?!" He heard a noise coming from the window and looked in the same direction, there he saw Magolor holding Marx by his hat that surprisingly didn't fall, the two laughing a lot.

"Hahahaha! The best prank ever!" The two said in union.

Magolor laughed so much that Marx started slipping out of his hands. "Dude! You're letting me go!!" He tried to shout, but it was to no avail. "Don't let me falllllllllllll!!!!!!" He fell from the window, which forced Magolor to try to save him.

Dedede saw the whole episode and laughed after cleaning his face from the delicious accident. "They deserved it."

------------------------------------

At the castle's gate, Zan said goodbye to her sisters. "Bye sis, I hope that next time I see you, we can all live happily here." Francisca gave Zan's suitcase to her, a single tear falling out of her eye.

Flamberge hugged her sister tightly. "Everything is gonna be alright, enjoy it for me, then, when you come back, I'll finally hear that sweet 'you're right' from you." She giggled.

Zan smiled fondly and tried her best not to ruin the moment with her sincerity. "I'll be back in a flash, it will be fast as lightning, you'll see. Goodbye dear sisters, don't wander around until I return." The three hugged for the last time and the blonde girl left.

"Just an hour to arrive at the beautiful kingdom in the sky, miss Partizanne, this is going to be interesting." Taranza said as the two entered on the floralian ship.

--------------------------------

After flying for an hour, the ship stopped and Zan looked from the window, but saw nothing but clouds. "Wow, your kingdom is just a bunch of water vapor, very impressive." She sarcastically said.

The comment made Taranza frown, but he quickly hid it. "Do not let her mess up with your actions, breathe and stay calm." He kept his annoyance contained and raised one index finger.

"Well, miss Partizanne, here is your first lesson: don't judge something just for the looks of it, that's not polite." He pressed the ship's main button. "Instead, dig a little deeper and you may find a chest made out of gold." The ship flew inside the clouds and, after a few seconds, something marvelous could be seen.

The castle was wonderful, it shined brightly as the sun rested behind it. When the girl saw it, she was amazed, it was much better than she had expected. "Okay, Mr. smarty-pants, just lead the way." She teased him, which left him intrigued.

Taranza landed his ship and opened the door for his guest. "Another thing that must be said, open the door to let someone pass, doing good for others makes you feel better." Zan awkwardly passed, she wasn't used to this kind of treatment.

"Took you long enough." Someone said.

The spider greeted the mysterious guy with a lance, it was Bandana Waddle Dee. "What did you do there?" He asked and saw the blonde girl behind the king. "Wait a minute, isn't she the girl who tried to bring great evil upon us?" He raised his weapon and charged. "I will not fail the mission, don't worry my king, this intruder won't hurt you!"

Zan clashed her weapon with his and jumped back into a fighting position. Taranza saw the situation he was now in and entered in the middle. "Stop you two! She's with me, that is the reason I took so long."

"Ohhhhh, sorry about that, I broke your first lesson." He tried bowing down, but accidentally fell. "Ow." The king helped him to get up. "We all make mistakes, but, knowing you, you want to make up for it. So, if you may, could you please take miss Partizanne to her room? I have things to organize."

The waddle nodded and carried her suitcase, even if it was a little heavy for him. Zan carefully followed, admiring the paintings' beauty. "You're a waddle dee, I thought you guys only lived below these clouds." She said, making Bandana Dee look behind him.

"We do, I'm just an intern, I've been here for three weeks, only a few days and I'll get another royal certificate! Collect five of them and you'll be a royal guard, I'll finally properly serve my king back in Dreamland."

"Then why don't you do it down there?" She insisted and the waddle dee rolled his eyes. "It's a fun experience, this place has lots of cool stuff; also, I'm learning fancy words with Mr. Taranza, here's an example: granular, I have no idea what it means!" The young guy laughed, his purity almost melting the girl's heart.

A few minutes later, he stopped and opened the door. "Here's your room, miss Parti- Partay-, I'm sorry, I don't know your name." That comment would've made her annoyed, but it didn't, she thought it must have been the ambient that sparked good feelings.

"Call me Zan." She extended her hand and shook his. "And by the way, your lance technique needs some polish."

As she said that, Taranza came in with a book. "Thank you for your help, dear friend." Bandana Dee nodded and walked away after he put the suitcase inside the room. "I have heard from your sister that you're competitive, so, to make it more exciting to you, I made a lesson that will be explained tomorrow, feel free to explore the castle, but, keep in mind that some parts are forbidden to visitors. Every question will have an answer inside this book." He placed the heavy book on her table.

Zan's eyes widened as she saw the amount of rules and the spider politely said goodbye, covering another frame in the hall.

"I hope I'm making the right choice..." They thought in union.