Chapter 10, Work and Pleasure

Mulai dari awal

Mayajap softly states, "I wish to as well."

Urshawn nods, "Reasonable. I would imagine you'd like to clear his work places and sleeping space, too."

She nods slowly, once, "Yes. A map of castle and city would help me greatly."

Lauriah shakes his head, "I don't allow castle maps. I can instruct you in layout, but no maps."

She requests, "Can you spare me a knight until I learn where everything is?"

Lauriah agrees, "Sure, when I can find you one that won't pee himself if you sneeze."

She keeps her laugh in, but her amusement is the first expression Erray sees on her face.

He comments, "You're less scary when you smile."

She tilts her head, "Good to know. My Great Sage, I want them to fear me. I tend no man's ego or accept a he to me. It saves me effort if they are too scared to bother with pursuit of my skin. I am not comfortable with it, why should anyone else be?"

Erray shrugs his shoulders than shares openly, "I was a woman before the purple fog. It was a lot of change. Very odd at first.

"Acceptance is the most powerful force in a mind. You can't get comfortable with something you can't accept.

"It happened.

"That's the first thing ya have to accept to really live this life.

"You are a beautiful and deadly woman now. Accept that, that has happened and more of who you are now will open up and make you more comfortable. Like coming in to a warm fire from the cold rain."

She has a deep breath, "You are wise. I will try, but clearly I have a lot to learn from you."

Urshawn squeezes Erray to him, "We all do.

"My Love, what format do you want us to set up for your students?"

Erray laughs his nervousness, "I'm no teacher. I just write about what I hear in the wind."

Mayajap gently tells him,"It happened. Acceptance is your first step."

Everyone laughs as Erray frowns up at her.

When they settle, he happily fusses, "Oh, I see. One bit of wisdom and your the teacher now.

"Fine, have it your way. All I need is a place for writing where there is wind."

Urshawn considers, before he says anything, Lauriah suggests, "What of the Hive's courtyard? Belle said when he starts classes they'll want to go sometimes. That keeps them from upseting security trying to track the Seers."

Urshawn nods, "That's a good idea. Won't be too much trouble getting bigger tables up there. Not far from his room either. Take them to see it and outline a route we can open up for civilian traffic."

Lauriah frowns at him, "Only one route. They will have to use the outer stairs. The inner ones are only for you. No one else can open that door or fit in the Seers' doors."

Urshawn is amused, "Good points. Take them to see it then. Erray can let me know over dinner if it will do.

"Get Mayajap a place and get Erray to the east sitting room, then you can go see if you recognise your apartment."

Lauriah crinkles his nose, "Laugh it up. I'm the only one getting her stew now."

Urshawn laughs, "For now. I'm going to try to talk her into running my kitchen."
He turns Erray to him and leans down to give him a strong kiss. "I'll see you for dinner."
He starts to move, but comes back to take another kiss. "I forget to ask if you have everything you need? Did you see your room?"