Chapter 3 - Distrust

Start from the beginning

Zan quickly saw their lies, but was too angry to ruin their plan. "Listen, I'm not in the mood for jokes, so if you could, get out of my way. Now." Electricity ran through her fingers, she was ready to attack at any moment.

Seeing that the girl might turn them into ashes, Magolor helped his fallen friend, sweat drops falling from his face. "You know Marx, I think we've walked enough, maybe it's better if we keep up with the plan, don't you agree?" He nervously laughed.

Marx made a 'what?' with his mouth, he took a few seconds to understand what was happening. "Ohhhhhh, I'm so silly, you're right, we gotta go get our bom- uh, i mean book! Before lightning makes us lose our lives, bye bye!" The two ran away.

Zan shook her head in disappointment and returned to her walk.

"Lightning...lose our lives..." The jester's words bounced back and forth on her hand. "Why am I triggered by that?" She thought.

After some minutes she arrived at a lonely hill with flowers on it. She sat and looked at the biggest flower just to see an orange butterfly landing on it.

"Welcome back." A voice was heard, startling her, she then looked to the sides, but its source was nowhere to be seen. "Who's there?! Are you coming out or do I have to force you?!" She got into a fighting position, no one came.

Suddenly, the butterfly flew in front of her and looked deep inside her eyes, which made Zan nervous, she had never seen a bug that seemed to judge her. "It is I who is talking, now tell me, do you really want for all to end?" She froze in shock as it landed on her hand.

"I-I-" She tried talking, but nothing came out. Everything about the butterfly made her scared, it radiated a familiar feeling, the feeling of emptiness, the feeling of death... The same sensation she felt when she climbed that tower...

"What's the matter? That's what you want. You can't say I'm wrong, do you? I can read your thoughts and feel what you feel." The bug once again said, coming closer to her head in the process.

At this point the girl was on the verge of tears, she was going to die and she knew it, after defeating the mightiest of foes, a singular butterfly would be the cause of her death. "You don't know me. This isn't real." She tried convincing herself, but failed miserably.

"Just say it, wish for all to end and I shall do my part. What's the point of living if you mortals don't see value in it?" The butterfly was now resting on her cheek, crawling closer and closer... "Your time doesn't need to end now, go, accept the offer, try to learn the value that lives have, or... If you're so unhappy, I can end your suffering as soon as I land on your head. The choice is yours, Zan Partizanne, tick tack."

Zan thought for a moment, memories flashing back to her eyes. The day Hyness saved her... The moment she was blessed with two wonderful sisters... The day her leader came back to his senses... And finally today, when someone offered to help her, even if everyone else saw her as a useless burden...

"Your time has ended, say it now. Will you stay or will you go?" Now just an inch of distance, the butterfly stopped, waiting for her answer. "I-" She opened her mouth to speak, but her nervousness stopped her.

"Will you stay or will you go?" The insect repeated various times.

Gaining the courage needed, Zan finally answered. "I'll stay, ethereal butterfly, thank you for making me understand." The answer made the butterfly start flying away. "Good, we'll see each other again, lightning general, it's just a matter of time." That gave Zan the chills, she then put her hand on her heart, panting as she sat down.

"It still scares me, but I think I've learnt my lesson, I hope..."

----------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, the two kings had a weird conversation between each other, it involved the idea of making a chip-related business here on Dreamland.

"I'm telling you Taranza, that's an amazing idea, you just need to sign this paper and everything will be great!" Dedede brought the document and the pen, giving both to his friend.

Taranza was reluctant, but decided to sign it, after all, he had nothing better to do. The moment the pen touched the paper, Flamberge appeared with her sister. "STOP RIGHT THERE!" She shouted.

Surprised by the noise, the spider dropped his pen and looked with confusion. "I don't get it, is this some kind of scam?" Dedede tried to say something, but the red-haired girl was faster.

"You can't sign this piece of paper, not before- adding a spicy flavor to complement things." She smiled and her sister facepalmed. Dedede only laughed and smiled agreeing with his head. "Good idea! I'll add it to my list."

After that, Flamberge rubbed her hands in nervousness. "I have one more thing to say, I'm sorry about Zan's behavior, she can be quite headstrong sometimes." Taranza slightly smiled. "Do not worry, miss, I am used to this kind of treatment, but that's a sad causality indeed." He touched his chin. "Speaking of Miss Partizanne, did she come back home? I was willing to apologize to her, I may have sounded like a weirdo."

Francisca shook her head and put her hand on her sister's shoulder. "Sadly no, she didn't."

As the girl stopped talking, someone made its way inside the castle and opened the door. Everyone looked back, curious about who it was, they were surprised to see Zan with both her hands behind her back, she made looked misunderstood.

"Listen, bowl cut." She put her hands on the table in front of them. "I'm giving this a shot, however, if you tell this to any other person that isn't in this room, then I'll waste no time to turn you into a thunder magnet, I am clear?" She bent over him, making the spider gulp.

Out of everyone, Flamberge was definitely the most shocked. "Wait, are you really accepting it? YES!" She jumped from side to side, almost making Francisca fall.

Taranza fixed his scarf and clapped in glee. "I'm glad that you have agreed with the terms. You have my word, I'm not telling a single soul about your time in Floralia."

"That better be true." The blonde girl said. King Dedede then pulled everyone to a hug. "All's well that ends well." Taranza squirmed out of the hug and patted his clothes.

"There is just one thing that needs to be said." He said. "I must return to my kingdom in the next morning, so I inform you that we are leaving tomorrow, are you alright with that?"

Dedede released everyone, after that, Zan crossed her invisible arms. "Yes, but if you keep talking, I might change my opinion." The six-armed guy widened his eyes. "Alright, meet me at the castle's entrance tomorrow, now, my fellow king, I suppose we have to keep up with the business." He politely said goodbye and went to the other room with the other king.

"Come on Francisca! We need to prepare her suitcase!" Flamberge left, taking her two sisters with her.

The oldest girl then thought "What am I getting myself into?"