"You're a little genius, you know that?," Jeremy says and I can't help the genuine, bright smile that erupts on my face.

I hear the click of the door as it opens and my smile falters as I see who walks in.

Zayn walks in first, but Reyna is quick to saunter in after him.

Zayn greets Jeremiah and I, then goes up to Jeremy to talk about something, but I don't pay attention. My eyes are trained on Reyna.

She stands frozen in the doorway, looking at me with wide eyes. It's as if we are in a staring contest, seeing who will break first and look away. Everything around me is muffled but I feel the dip of the couch indicating that Zayn has taken a seat next to me.

Reyna finally averts her eyes and finds a chair near Jeremiah. It's the furthest she can possibly sit from me.

She starts a brutal attack on her nail beds. Looking around the room, looking at anything but me. 

This isn't like us at all. Trying to avoid each other at all costs.

A light shake to my shoulder interrupts my thoughts.

"Harry, did you hear me?," Zayn asks

"Um...," I say, dumbfounded.

"I asked if you could play the song that you've been writing," Zayn clarifies.

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"Are you feeling alright?"

"Yeah," I shake my head, hoping it'll clear my thoughts, "Just a little distracted, I guess."

Jeremiah starts to play the track and I sing the new verse with the chorus. As I'm in the middle of the chorus, Niall and Louis walk in.

"Oh, what's that?," Louis asks as he crashes into the seat beside me.

"Trying to write a song," I respond, handing him the lyrics that I have so far.

His eyes scan over the text and then he is reaching for a pen, scribbling something inside.

"Try that," he taps at the new words he has written down.

"You sing," I tell Louis.

"Really?"

"Yeah," I insist.

Jeremy starts the track and Louis begins to sing his added lyrics.

Who's this man that's holding your hand
And talking about your eyes?
Used to sing about being free
But now he's changed his mind

"That's all I got," Louis chucks the lyrics back at me and I grab it with a laugh.

"Can I see?," Niall asks, walking towards me.

I hand him the lyrics and a pen and he walks over to Reyna, sitting at the arm of her chair. She leans towards Niall so she can evaluate the lyrics with him.

The only word that I could describe what I'm feeling as I watch them would be jealousy. It's not jealousy of Niall, but jealousy of how comfortable she is around him right now. The fact that he has her attention that I am desperately craving.

"Wait," Reyna exclaims with a laugh, grabbing ahold of the paper in Niall's hand.

She starts to write something down, using Niall's thigh as a table. He looks down in curiosity at the paper while Reyna is concentrated, biting her bottom lip as the pen dances across the sheet.

Once Reyna is done, she looks up at Niall and they share a smile.

Okay, maybe I am a little jealous of Niall.