#84

Shiro saw the black hands shoot towards them

Shiro saw the black hands shoot towards them. Fast and full of hate. Because her ancestors were unable to possess her, they wanted to destroy her. Their arrogance, hunger for power, and anger kept them from acknowledging the inevitable.

And Shiro was infinitely grateful for that.

She held her hand to the side and felt Donnie's grip on it immediately. Both of their eyes widened for a second as they felt the energy they exchanged with their touch. Then he pulled her up to him, flew a curve upwards with his dronepack into the rumbling, screeching cloud. Lightning streaked in their direction, but were unable to get through their flames. The black hands were now coming from everywhere.

Hateful screams, slobbering hisses, and grasping at Shiro's floating Ninpo symbol.

"This should be OURS! Only WE should complete the WHITE!"

Donnie flew in a spiral, holding Shiro with one hand around her waist and aiming his glowing Bo into the black mass, while Shiro had an arm wrapped around his neck and turned her body sideways. White floating smoke began to swirl around her arm.

Their marks glowed brightly on their skins. They were accompanied by a white-purple whirling vortex, and they both curled their lips in angry, cruel grins.

"Purple is the new black, you losers." Donnie said with an evil grin.

Then his Bo glowed up with a crackling sound, white bright lines meandered around it. Shiro made a relaxed catching motion with her hand in front of her chest and then let it swing forward like throwing something.

And they began tearing them apart, wiping them out and destroying them. Without mercy.

-

Everything before their eyes burst and ripped as they still spiraled upward through the convulsing, roaring blackness. Faces appeared, empty eye sockets, mouths wide open. Donnie fired mercilessly and watched them shred. He felt a satisfaction within him that assured him that he was making these creatures suffer the worst pain a conscious mind could feel. The energy that flowed through him in connection with Shiro and her Ninpo gave him a sense of perfect power. He smiled.

The black hands wanted to reach out to fill them with darkness, but Shiro just swung her hand, and they twitched grotesquely as they were gripped by her white swirling smoke before fading to dust. She felt an almost frightening lightness in her being as she let the white smoky threads slide through the black mass and the souls of her ancestors were caught up in them, enveloped and extinguished. With pure fulfillment, she let the centuries-old spirits shatter and torn under her will in nameless endless pain and let them know in the last moment of their consciousnesses that they had failed. She smiled.

There was a deafening noise all around them, the screams getting more and more shrill, more and more insane, and a normal being would have been losing their mind.