#67

"Man, am I hungry! Is there any lasagna left?" asked Leo, who came into the kitchen freshly showered, where he met Mikey and Raph.

"It's all gone, I'm just ordering pizza. The usual, Leo?" Mikey didn't look up from his phone

"Oh God! Wait even longer?! Then I die!" Leo complained

"You can eat an apple in the meantime." suggested Raph with a grin.

"Big mouth, Raph. Did you throw up or not?" Leo grinned back.

"You puked?" Mikey looked up from his phone.

Raph cleared his throat.

"Where's Shiro?" he asked.

"Now don't distract, Raph. Listen, Mikey..." Leo started to laugh.

-

Donnie sat in his lab, rubbing his temples. He had tried just about every measuring device he knew, but nothing wanted to record, map, make visible and measurable the Ninpo. Did he miss something? Why hasn't he done this before? If he had thought of it beforehand, he would probably already have the answer in his hands whether he and Shiro... whether they both...

Donnie's mind stumbled inwardly. 'Sex' seemed to him to be a far too banal word for what was looming when this charging feeling started. It was something... different.

His train of thought broke off when he felt the flame flicker.

-

Stillness.

The young woman looked around. The world was shrouded in ash and dust. The sky blood-red. An endless desert of boulders and stones. The clouds lit by a fire that consumed the land. The wind ruffled her hair and covered her in a sooty layer that crept into her nose and mouth with every breath she took. Her eyes burned, and she looked down at her hands. Bloody and dirty, without any power. She swallowed and turned around...

"You're looking for him, aren't you?" a whisper in her ear.

She turned sharply to the voice, but no one was there.

"You are alone, my little one." it was very close

"No!" she swiped beside herself into emptiness. Her voice full of fear.

Where did that voice come from?! Where is he?! Angst welled up in her, she clenched her bloody hands and looked around hastily. Darkness arose. Squirming, crawling, devouring. A blackness as impenetrable as death made its way to her.

"Kneel down, then we'll let him live." honeyed, full of greed.

She let out a choked scream and clutched her head. Her blood was now in her hair. Her heart was racing. Something had gone wrong! She couldn't remember! Everything was messed up! Everything was upside down!

The darkness billowed around her like a liquid cloud. Hands on long arms crawled out of it. Figures, faces, mouths open in silent screams. Empty eye sockets stared at her. They reached out for her, demanded for her, craved for her.

A tear ran down her dusty cheek. She was alone. She had woken up. This is the real world and the other had only been a beautiful dream.

"Ooooh... look at her grieving. So many emotions for such a small... thing." snickering in her head.

Black hands brushed her, sliding down her body, trembling with desire. She felt something hum inside her, she lowered her hands, looking down at them, sobbing.