#59

"You can use and shape the mystic powers of others. They seem to flow through you. Not only Donatello's. And you intuitively know what to do, Shiro.
What we just saw was a direct connection between you and Leonardo that comes about through the Ninpo."

"Like a prism..." Donnie whispered as to himself.

Draxum had also sat down with the others and was still holding the printouts. His eyes darted over the wording of the curse, and he frowned, but continued.

"Such events have already been reported. The notes on this are very old, I had to search a lot in the last few days..." he recalled, "But in earlier times the energies were unbearable, humans weren't made for it..."

"Unbearable...?" Mikey asked

"The human body can exceptionally master and control one form of Ninpo. Two? That has never happened before."

"But the books we found said the samurai shared his Ninpo with her..." Raph pointed to the printouts in Draxum's hands.

Draxum shook his head.

"The Ninpo is not 'reserved' for a single family, even if that's what the clan likes to say. It's an energy that comes to those who know how to control it, treat it with respect, stand up for what's right and - where it can be awakened."

"That means..." Donnie said and Draxum nodded

"The Hamato Samurai didn't give her his Ninpo. He awakened hers. And she hid it from her family and kept it a secret."

Everyone let the words drop, resulting in silence

Draxum looked over at Shiro, who was sitting silently on the sofa with Donnie's purple hoodie on and had been listening to him attentively. Their eyes met.

"What did you see?" Draxum asked, his voice peaceful now, putting the printouts aside.

The young woman looked over at Leo, who had just finished devouring a mountain of sandwiches. He had been incredibly hungry. Never again will he skip breakfast when training with HER.

Leo looked back and remembered the glow. As if his Ninpo was awakened for the second time. In Shiro's eyes, he tried to guess her exact thoughts, but it didn't seem to work that easily.

Shiro looked at Leo. That answer was meant for him, even though Draxum had asked the question.

"I saw everything in you, Leo. Everything from your Ninpo. All future possibilities. All the paths you could take. All the skills you could master. Just everything."

Leo got goosebumps, and he had to think back to Casey's words when they had fought together against the Krang.

"In the future, your powers are beyond amazing!"

Leo's eyes lit up at the thought.

"Oh wow!" he whispered

"Does this work for us too??" Mikey blurted out

"I suppose so." Draxum had to smile

"HOW?" asked Raph with wide eyes, and Shiro and Draxum exchanged an amused look.

"I think we need to get your Ninpo moving in a fight..." Shiro mused aloud, "And then there is a moment..."

"Where I trusted you." smiled Leo

"Yes..." and she smiled back.

Donnie got up abruptly and turned to go.

"Dee, what's going on...?!" Mikey asked in a surprised voice

"Nothing." he said and left the room.

"Oh shit?" said Raph as they all watched him go.

"Eh... that's no nothing?" Mikey's face was all a question mark