#29

Splinter's jaw dropped. He had expected EVERYTHING, but this?!

And so his dramatic performance was ruined, and he could only stutter

"You... you know who I am?"

"I do."

They looked at each other. Both quickly calculating how to assess the other. She felt tiredness rising in her. She just had no strength for such a fight, she had to rest. Her wound had to heal. She had to find a place to stay, and then she had to finish her mission. She had made a decision, and so she sighed and said,

"And I think you have an idea of ​​who I am. But don't worry. I see the danger and my intentions are the same as yours. I will leave and not come back."

"WHAT?" exclaimed Donnie, "No!"

She ignored him and gathered all her strength to close her insides from him. Sadness overcame her. To protect him, she had to lose him. Had to lose them all. There was no other way. Pulling herself together and ignoring the pain from her leg, she stood to bow to wide-eyed April, Raph, Mikey and Leo.

"It was an honor to meet you all. I owe you a deep debt of gratitude."

She turned back to Splinter and said with a firm voice,

"Give me my belongings, and I'll go right away." to punctuate her words, she held out her hand. The others looked shocked at the 180° turn of the situation.

"Wait a minute!" said Raph

"Yes, can we talk about this PLEASE?!" exclaimed Leo

Donnie was up too. He was completely taken by surprise. This can not be true! That's not happening right now!

"No, listen to me." Donnie was desperate. He took her shoulders and she turned at him. They looked at each other and her eyes were filled with the pain he felt too. And there it was again, her fear, her guilt, the hunt. The image of the destroyed landscape. Something was looking for her. Since a long time.

"NO! You must keep your distance or..." Splinter commanded in fear.

Donnie snapped at him. "Or WHAT? Believe me, Dad, I was already much closer to her than now and nothing...!"

"Donatello."

Donnie stared at her. There was infinite sadness and sorrow in her voice, he could hardly stand her saying his name like that. She took his hands in hers, held them tightly in front of her, like his Bo back then, and spoke in words choked with grief.

"You have to let me go. Please."

"I... just can't." Donnie's words were a whisper.

Everyone stood in the kitchen, fearful and anxious. Splinter wished he'd shut up. At least her wounds should have healed! He looked up at his son and the young woman and realized it was already too late. They were connected. On so many levels. And to separate them would tear them both apart.

"We can't let that happen." said Leo suddenly. He had looked at this long enough now. He liked the young woman, and they would find a solution. It won't be that difficult, will it?

"We don't want you to go!" exclaimed Mikey with his eyes full of tears.

"Whatever threatens you, we will help you!" announced Raph with a heroic pose.

"You can trust us, we've rocked completely different stuff." April winked

Splinter came along. He nodded to Donnie and then said to her,

"We will find a way."

Donnie looked at his family, and the pain on his face gave way to determination. He felt the connection to them and the connection to her. He holds her Hands and didn't let go. Fine purple and white lines began to curl around their hands. They appeared almost invisible and followed an intuitive dance.

She looked at him, sensing the others' determination and the affection they felt for her. Her will, which made her endure so much, was exhausted. She was exhausted.

She had lost so much, so many people died, her path was marked by destruction.

But now that she looked into his eyes, it was like a promise of another way.

And she wanted so badly to believe that promise. She wanted so much to believe him!

"I promise." said Donnie.

She felt something give way inside her, a great pain that arose from her loneliness and had always had a firm grip on her. It let her go and broke his way.

She closed her eyes, tears started running down her face, and the lines glowed up. Everyone gasped, Splinter took a half step back and raised his hands in a protective gesture. Donnie looked down at both of their hands in surprise, but instead of letting go, he tightened his grip. Nothing will separate him from her. Nothing.

She opened her eyes again and looked into Donnie's. And then, like a spark ignited, white and purple flames erupted around Donnie and the young woman. He in purple, she in white, and the flames united and danced together. Turtle and woman stood in the middle and looked at each other...

It was only a moment, then the young woman lost consciousness and sank forward onto Donnie's plastron. He caught her and wrapped his arms around her.

Eyes wide, Donnie, not letting her go, turned to his family and looked at everyone as if to say 'Did you see that!?' but he was speechless, as was everyone else.

Then a head peeked through the kitchen door kicked in by Donnie, and Casey Jones looked with a questioning face.

"Hi guys, did I miss something?"

"OOOOOH BOY!" exclaimed April, Leo, Raph and Mikey