#83

Donnie was hurtling across the plain with his dronepack at full speed. The dome drew ever closer, he saw Raph's red protective sheath encase his purple sphere. Darkness lurking inside. Lightning streaked along inside. In some places he could see black, smoky threads coming out. A rumble rolled across the plain.

He saw all this, he took it in, but it didn't interest him. Only the bond interested him and the flame that burned in him.

He looked down and saw her. Dressed in white, kneeling on the ground. She drew a sword!

The turtle didn't waste a second, he raced towards her. She now had the sword hilt in both hands and drew back slightly.

Shiro!” he shouted 

Shiro pushed the blade into her stomach, felt the pressure.

"Shiro!"

Donnie!? She opened her eyes and saw him landing in front of her. Eyes wide and focused on the sword in her hands. 

'Oh no, Donnie. You are too late! Why are you doing this to yourself?' she screamed inside

Then Shiro wondered why it didn't hurt. She looked down, and her mouth opened in surprise. It glowed! A shield had formed in front of her, it glowed transparent purple! The blade stuck in it and nicked her clothes!

She looked up, saw Donnie's eyes, his relief almost physically palpable.

"NO!" exclaimed Shiro, eyes wide, astounded.

Donnie fell to his knees in front of her, dropping his Bo and drawing on the short sword.

"Shiro, NO!" he called, "Let go!"

Shiro held the sword, but he was stronger than her, and pulled it away from her. She was fully here again. Her heart was racing, her eyes switched to the dome behind Donnie. What was this lunatic doing here!?

"NO!" she shouted back. “You let go! They almost made it! They mustn't get their hands on me! Are you insane?!"

"I won't let that happen, Shiro!" he said, suddenly calmer but very determined, and pulled the blade even further away from her, turning it down. The glow died, the shield vanished.

"Donnie, then the world is lost!" Shiro was almost out of her mind. She saw black vortices rising from the dome behind Donnie, the lightning now crashing through the hull where the blackness had cut its way through it.

Anger shot through Shiro and her mind grew hard. He wasn't going to thwart her plan here and wreak havoc on the world!

She let go of the hilt and caught him off guard, causing him to lose his balance backwards through his own strength. Shiro's hand darted to the Katana next to her, swiftly grabbed it and brought it to her neck to slit her throat. Donnie's eyes widened in panic, but another shield appeared, covering her neck.

Shiro's face contorted, and she screamed in anger as she threw the now purple glowing Katana on the ground, while she stood up and started to search for a new blade. Then she will just take one of her hated enemies, over which that damn Hamato's Ninpo had no power!

"Shiro!" Donnie called, once again surprised by her stubbornness and persistence. The dome behind them made a cracking sound and he flinched. Screams from thousands of throats rang out from within. The thundering sound grew louder and louder.

"No, Donnie! Don't you understand!? The world is at stake! This isn't about us!" she shouted angrily and turned to him, he saw her eyes shining and her sheer desperation