(56) H for Hostage

Mulai dari awal

"Let me through Dean!", Landon said in a hurry.

"Listen to me first", Dean said as gently as he could keeping his hands on the other one's shoulder to stop him.

A couple hours from when Leah was got into the base hospital for treatment the news of her injuries spread across the entire mafia like wild fire. It didn't take long before Leah's friends and ex-team mates had arrived to check in on her.

The family obviously didn't let anyone through. The doctors had informed them that Leah didn't endure extreme injuries and will heal just fine provided she rests entirely for a week or two.

While Leah's team mates decided to come back later as it wasn't a great time to meet her especially when she was supposed to resting her best friends weren't so understanding.

Owen and Landon had arrived the second they received news from Eric and Steve (the gossipers who always know what's going on) but had to wait when their boss told them Leah was asleep by the influence of the antibiotics.

Landon was freaking out after hearing about the attack on the mansion. He was so anxious and concerned that he couldn't calm down until he just saw his best friend. Dean who pulled him into an empty room, away from everyone else, has been trying to get him to relax.

"No you don't understand Dean! I have to see her alright? I- ", Landon tried pushing past Dean to grab the handle of the door.

Dean grabbed both his hands to restrict his movements and pushed him behind until he hit the back wall. Then letting go of the hands Dean used his own to cup Landon's face instead.

"Look at me", Dean said sternly. "Look at me Lan."

Landon's worried eyes met his and they maintained the eye contact while Dean's thumbs caressed Landon's cheek comfortingly for a whole minute.

"Breathe", Dean whispered softly.

Landon obeyed closing his eyes and resting his head back on the wall calming down. He took a couple deep breathes trying to relax.

"Now look at me", Dean said and continued once he did. "My sister and your best friend is fine. The doctors said so. I myself saw her. She's recovering Lan."

"But I want to see her", Landon said sadly.

"She's asleep. That's what I was trying to tell you. Uncle Seb gave clear instructions to not disturb her", Dean informed while continuing to caress his cheeks.

Landon's face fell, he looked down nodding. "Alright."

Dean could see his mood not improve and he knew it won't until he sees her. He stared at his face and couldn't help but have his sudden urge to do something for him.

"Okay hear me out. We brothers are taking turns one by one monitoring her in the room. One at a time. It's Char's turn right now. I'll go next and take you with me. What do you say?", Dean asked with a small smile.

Landon's face lightened immediately. "Really? You would?"

Dean nods. "Obviously."

"Thank you!", Landon gratefully out his arms around Dean and pulled him into a hug.

"Feeling better now?", Dean asked with a smile patting Landon's cheek once they pulled back.

"Very", Landon replied with a sigh.

Standing so close to each other Landon noticed Dean staring at his face as if trying to memorize all his features- correction- admire all his features with deep interest.

"What?", Landon questioned when he wouldn't stop staring at him.

Dean shakes his head with a sigh. "Nothing. Just..you worry so much. Makes me feel like I have to lock you somewhere in order to protect you."