(37) Sunday

It was the weekend, therefore, everyone was present in the house. A happy end to a good week was the plan.

Somehow the bright morning was not so bright or happy for James though.

He walks towards the kitchen to find his father sipping his coffee seeming engrossed in his phone. A bright wide smile was evident on his face.

Jamie frowned as he went towards him and plopped down on the chair next to him expecting an acknowledgement from his father.

But Sebastian was focused on his phone typing away quickly to god knows who.

James rolled his eyes and clenched his teeth. He suddenly thought of an idea. He started coughing, fake coughing more like it subtly eyeing his father expecting a reaction from him.

Sebastian pays no heed as he suddenly chuckled looking at his screen.

James huffed in irritation. With one hand on the counter and the other on his thigh he thinks of another an another idea to make his father notice his discomfort.

Suddenly getting impatient he started coughing and clearing his throat and making weird noises. He didn't see Sebastian purse his lips because of him, but he continued until he got his father's attention.

Charlie hums to himself as he walks inside the kitchen at the same time to find his brother acting weird. He paused at the entrance and looks at Jamie with a raised eyebrow.

James started coughing and clearing his throat louder desperate to get some attention.

Charlie takes a step back sensing tension. Then the next second he decided to forget his snack and turns full 180 degree and walks off quickly not considering anything that happened here in the next few minutes worth it.

Sebastian finally having had enough of his annoying kid. He put away his phone and grabbed his coffee in his hands before facing him.

"Maybe it's that father- son bond finally kicking in, but I get the sense you wanna talk to me Jamie", He said with a sarcastic smile.

James nods his head frantically. "I do."

Sebastian sighs. "Next time just call me out okay? Now, what is it?", He asked taking a sip of his coffee.

"Tell me something", James said.

"Yeah?", Sebastian said thinking about the conversation he was having with his boyfriend over text.

"It's important father dearest. So will you please be present here mentally as you are physically?", James frowned seeing through his father.

A little embarrassed Sebastian nods and takes a sip of his coffee.

"So this morning, I found my favourite jacket I bought last week missing", James began.

"Okay?", Sebastian asked in confusion.

"I asked Brody about it and he said Troy has it. I asked Troy about it and he said Brody has it", James sighed. "I demanded to check both their closets and they let me and I still had no luck with finding it", he pouts.

Sebastian almost groans bored already.

"But they're still persistent about the other one stealing it. Now they both won't let me check their rooms again saying something about self respect getting hurt or something", James frowned.

Then he exhales loudly. "I'm confused who to believe. Can you help me?", He asked.

Sebastian faces him with a stoic expression. "Hmm. Brody said so and so and Troy said so and so", He nods. "God knows those two little devil brothers love to team up", He added.