CHAPTER 28 | First <3 |

MOON POV

The friends had searched for hours and hours for their friend. Everyone was worried, but not like Moon. They had all suggested he head back until tomorrow thinking he may be somewhere else but Moon had pushed them farther. After hours of searching they'd find something finally. 

" Look!" Kinkajou pointed at the ground top where sticks and objects were scattered all over. 

" Wait- that's Winter and mine project!" Moon bent down to the destroyed project. 

" Winter was probably here then." Qibli stated, picking some pieces off the ground. 

" He's probably around here then!" Moon got up immediately and searched around. 

" Moon, we've been searching for a while now. Maybe we could see tomorrow if he comes back to the dorms." Turtle explained, trying to keep low. 

" Turtle, if you're tired you can go back." Kinkajou retorted. Turtle opened his jaw to say something until a loud rustle by the woods disturbed them. Everyone laid their eyes at the sounds, watching and listening suspiciously. A figure then revealed themselves in the dark. 

" Winter..?" She was correct. Winter stumbled out of the woods with a small limp and an exhausted face. 

" Hm?" 

" WINTER!!" Everyone pounced onto Winter and gave him a worrying hug. 

" Pl- pls don't do t- that!" Moon backed away to see small trickles of blood stained to her sweater. Moon looked back at Winter to see that his hand was covering a splosh of blood slowly spurting out. 

" We have to take you to the nurse!" Kinkajou stated, pulling tissues out of her bag. 

" No no- I- I-.." Winter tumbled down, losing consciousness. 

" Winter!"

—-------------------------------------------------------------------

She waited anxiously, tapping her foot, fiddling her fingers, thinking the pros instead of cons. After she and her friends had found Winter he'd went unconscious randomly and they'd take him to the special doctor. 

So far she and her friend been waiting for over an hour. It was at least around 10 pm somehow. 

" It'll be alright Moon." Umber reassured, patting her forearm. Moon hesitated. 

" Ye- yeah, I- I think so.." Moon went back to her anxious state as Umber looked at her worridly. 

" Moon." Umber grabbed her hand and got her attention. Her green jade eyes laid on the ground. 

" I know how much he means to you, I'm sure he's okay." I hope he is.. Wait.. Moon glanced at the small worried Umber. 

" What do you mean by that..?" 

" Mean by what?" He'd questioned. 

" When you said you know how much he means to me." Moon retorted. Umber looked like he was going to snicker or chuckle be he didn't. 

" Just wait." Umber patted her shoulder and went back to Qibli. Hm.. After waiting 40 minutes the nurse from earlier had came out of the patient room. Everyone brought their attention to the nurse. 

" He's awake and living. He'd loss conscious since the cut had some splinters inside causing his nerves to shut down. After some time we got it all out and his nerves and blood waves are doing well so far." The nurse explained with a clipboard in her hand.