Chapter 24 | Sleepover |

MOON POV  

She sat in the front as she always did, watching what zooms by the window, listening to the engine and the car running over the rocks across the road. " We're almost there." Her mom said, keeping the eye on the road. The corners of her lips raised into a good-mood smile. 

" Y'know, I'm very happy for you Moon." Her mom stated. " You haven't really had friends for a long time, I thought maybe you'd want to go back to homeschooling by now." Her mom explained. Moon raised an eyebrow at her mom. 

" What I mean is that in the beginning you seemed so scared and anxious, now you are already going to a party!" Moon knew she was right, in the beginning she did feel very anxious. Her mom smiled warmly and grabbed her hand softly into hers. Moon took a peek at her mom by the side of her eye, her smile made even herself smile.

" Were here!" Her mom parked beside the sidewalk, unlocking the doors. 

" Bye mom! I'll call you if I have a sleepover or not!" Moon called as she exited the vehicle. 

" Alright, be careful and text me how it goes! Bye my moon!" Her mom gave her one last smile and drove away. Moon took a big exhale. I hope this goes well. Moon headed to the front door and gave a small knock on the woodened door. The house seemed to be pretty big, pretty much atleast two family's can live inside. Moon observed the excellent detail outside of the house. As she observed the same door she knocked on had swinged open. 

" Moon!" Qibli grinned and gave her a welcoming hug. 

" Hi Qibli!" 

" Come in come in!" Moon did just that. The interior was also welcomeing and nice. 

" Hi Moon!" Kinkajou popped out of the short hallway and pounced onto Moon. 

" H- hi Kink, do need to do that!" Kinkajou chuckled and hopped off of Moon. " Anyone else here?" 

" Oh yeah! Turtle and Umber here too, your the second-to-maybe-last to be here." Moon tilted her head in confusion. What does she mean second to maybe last? Right then Umber and Turtle greeted Moon. 

" Oh! Hi Moon! It's so good to see you!" Umber gave Moon a small hug and stood beside Qibli. " Same here." Turtle added. 

" Do you guys want to make Christmas cookies!?" Someone had shouted from the kitchen. " Sure Smolder! Be right there!" Qibli answered. 

" That's Smolder, my mom's fiance." Qibli short explained, patting Umber's fluffy brown hair. " Oh, what happened to your dad?" Kinkajou asked. " That's really personal Kink-" 

" No no Moon, it's okay. My mom isn't actually my birth mom. My birth mom sold me on the street where I had 90% to get bought by some maniac. I lived in a Very rough area but Thorn which is my adoptive mom decided to 'buy' me which she did kinda save my life." Qibli explained, rubbing the back of his neck a bit anxiously. 

" Oh, I'm sorry." 

" No no! For the last time it's okay! I was SO HAPPY to get away from her!" Qibli reassured. 

" STOP CALLING ME BY MY NAME OR IMA COME DOWN AND WHIP THAT A$$!!!" Thorn shouted. " SORRY MOM!! IT WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN!!" Qibli called. 

" Yeahhh, I still can't escape from that though." He'd joked rolling his eyes. 

" Enough family talking, let's start this party!" Everyone agreed and headed to the kitchen. Moon was about to follow right behind their tails when a silent knock came from the door. " I'll get it." Moon said, knowing her friends had not heard her. Moon unlocked the door and twisted the door knob and creaked the door open.