CHAPTER 10 |lunch with frends?|

MOON'S POV

                                                                       ONE - TWO WEEKS LATER

FRIDAY)

Moon was sitting down on a bench, reading her favorite book. Instead of running around and talking with friends during recess, Moon would read. Not like she actually really had any friends. Kinkajou does say hi to me though. 

Kinkajou, her very jolly classmate would always greet her in the halls or help her with her stuff. Moon could say Kink is her friend. Moon was now in book 4, chapter 9. There was a lot of important info in the book so far. 

She was so focused on her book she hadn't realized a very patient and quiet rainbow girl in front of her. 

" Hi!" Moon nearly jumped by her, not expecting someone to be standing there. 

" Remember me? Kinkajou! I was wondering if you want to go get ice cream together after school!" Kinkajou said, giving an innocent smile. Moon thought for a moment. Moon had actually never been invited to these types of activities except for birthday parties in elementary school. " Su- sure." 

" YAY! So look, I got my friends coming too if that's okay! Their names are Turtle, Tamarin, Ostrich, Qibli, and Umber. But don't worry, they are pretty nice and a bit quiet. Well except for me obviously!" Kinkajou cheered happily. 

" Alright, meet us at IceCream Expre$$ around 4:10! See you there!" Moon waved bye as Kinkajou hopped away happily. Hmmm, I wonder if mom would let me go.

—----------------------------------------------------------------

Moon had arrived home by the chaotic bus. She got to the doorstep, searching the front. She found the key under the outdated Christmas gnome. Mom always hides it here. 

Moon thought to herself, unlocking the front door. She stepped inside, closing the door behind her while she slipped off her shoes. Her mom wasn't at home as she usually isn't. Moon went straight to the living room and plopped her backpack onto the couch. 

Moon would always do homework first before anything else. Then she wouldn't have to do it later. Do the hard stuff first and the easy stuff after. At Least that's what her mom taught her

—----------------------------------------------------------------

Moon was only just a quarter of a mile from the Ice cream shop. She, of course, finished her homework and left a text message to her mom that she'd be at the Ice cream shop with friends. Wow, friends? 

Her mom hadn't text back yet but knew when she read it her reaction was going to be like, " YOU FINALLY HAVE FRIENDS!? WHAT'S THEIR NAMES!? DO YOU WANT TO INVITE THEM TO OUR HOME!?!?" Moon snickered at the thought. She took a peek at her GPS. She was just 4 minutes away and she could see the shop. 

She was here! Moon entered the shop, the first thing her senses caught was the jingle bells by the door, the smell of milk, and a view of the people Kinkajou listed. 

" Moon! Your here!" Kinkajou leaped to Moon, hugging her tightly. 

" H- hi." Moon greeted nervously. Kinkajou finally let go and greeted Moon to her friends. " So this is Turtle, Tamarin, Ostrich, Qibli, and Umber!" Kinkajou pointed towards each person with the listed names she had said. Moon realized Turtle, Qibli, and Umber were all in her class. The other two she hadn't met yet.

" Obviously you know Turtle, Qibli, and Umber but the other two girls are my friends from elementary school or middle school! Tamarin is actually blind in both eyes actually." Kinkajou said, waving a hand in front of her eyes. 

Moon noticed Tamarin's eyes looked like a deep shade of blue mixed with a huge gulf of fog. They were very pretty in fact. She had bluish yellowish hair and wore a mushroom sweater with soft tannish sweat pants. Moon thought of the pros and cons of being blind. The only pro is higher senses but everything else is a con. Though, Moon still smiled warmly at Tamarin and shook her small hand. 

" Nice to meet you." Tamarin greeted shyly, giving a small smile. Moon then greeted Ostrich. She had tannish skin like Qibli with long light sandy colored hair, with a baggy green sweater and black flappy jeans. She was around Moon's height just maybe two inches shorter, I mean Moon wasn't that tall. She was only 5'2. 

" Are yall ready for some Ice cream!"