Chapter 30

A few months later.....

You were sitting in library with your head in Steve's lap, busy reading a book. When Bucky poked his head in. "Hey, Steve. Your package is here."

Steve nodded, "Take to my office. I'll be right there."

"What did you order?" You asked.

"You'll see." Steve said and stood up, "It's a surprise for you, princess."

"Tell me." You said, holding his hand.

"No. Just sit here. I'll be right back." Steve said, removing his hand from your grip and walked to the door.

You sighed and went back to reading. It had been less than ten minutes before Steve came back hiding something behind his back. "What is it?"

"Close your eyes." Steve said.

"Steve, just show me." You jumped with excitement.

"Close your eyes, princess." Steve said.

"Ugh, fine." You groaned.

Steve smiled and walked where you sat on the couch and kneeled in front of you, "Give me your hands." You heled your hands in front and Steve put your gift in your hands. "Open."

You opened your eyes and saw a brand new professional camera. "Steve?" You looked at him.

"I wanted to buy you one when your old one broke along with your leg." Steve said and you laughed. "I even ordered but the one that came was wrong. So, I sent it back and forgot to order another because of work." He sighed. "I really am sorry for breaking your old one. I hope you like this one."

Oh, Steve." You smiled at him, "Thank you."

"You like it?"

"Yes, I will always use this one." You said, turning the camera on and looked at all the functions. "Come here. We'll take a photo."

Steve sat next to you and pulled you in his lap. You held the camera and clicked a few photos of you two. "I have another idea." Steve took the camera from you and changed it's setting to video recording and put it on one of the tables. He had planned this moment many months ago but was scared to do it. And here he was about to ask the love of his life to marry him.

Steve walked back to you with a smile. You went to wrap your arms around him for a pose but stopped when Steve went down on one knee. "Steve?" You couldn't believe what he was doing. You covered your mouth with your hands as he removed the box and opened it.

"Y/N. I loved you since the moment I saw you for the first time. I had no intentions to fall in love with anyone but you changed that. Now all I want is a life with you. So..." Steve sighed nervously. "Y/N Y/L/N. Will you marry me?"

"YES! YES! I will." You bounced as Steve removed the ring from the box and put it on your finger. He stood up and pulled you in a kiss. "I love you so much, Steve."

Steve smiled, "I love you too, Y/N." He said, resting his forehead against yours. "You like the ring?"

You looked at the ring and back at Steve, "I love it." You said. "When did you plan all of this?"

"A few months." Steve said.

"Nice planning." You said.

"So... You sure you want to spend the rest of your life with a dork like me?" Steve asked.

"Yes, my dork." You giggled and kissed him again. "You even recorded it?"

"Yeah. Let me stop that." Steve said and quickly went to turn the recording off. He came back and kissed you softly.

"Did she say yes?" Came Aurora's voice.

You pulled away from Steve and looked at her with a smile, "Yup, she said yes." You said and showed her the ring.

"See, I told you she'd say yes." Bucky said and kissed Aurora on the lips. Forgetting her brother was still in the room.

"What the fuck?" Steve yelled.

"Shit." Bucky muttered. "Look, pal. We were going to tell you."

"When?" Steve was fuming.

"Steve, calm down." You said.

"No." Steve said, "Aurora, my office. Now." Steve said and walked away. Aurora silently following her brother.

"You wanna tell me, Bucky?" You asked.

"It's only been a few weeks. We wanted to get comfortable and tell you guys." Bucky said, looking at the ground sheepishly.

You walked up to him and hugged him, "It's fine, Bucky."

"Thanks." Bucky said and pulled away. "I just hope he doesn't get too angry with her."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What the fuck, Rora? What was that?" Steve asked her.

It was just a kiss." She said.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Steve said.

"We wanted to see where it went." Aurora said, "I swear we were going to tell you." Aurora looked at her brother pacing. "Please, don't be mad."

Steve sighed and stopped, "I'm not mad, sweetheart. You do know how our job is, right?"

"Yes." She said and nodded.

"Are you sure about this?"

"Yes, Steve. I like him a lot." Aurora smiled.

"Come here, baby sister." Steve said, opening his arms for her. Aurora hugged Steve and held on to him. "Come in." Steve said as he heard a knock on the door.

"Hey, everything okay?" You asked.

"Yeah. All okay. Where's Bucky?" Steve asked, still not letting go of Aurora.

"Here." You moved inside and let Bucky come in.

"Barnes." Steve said, "Are you sure about this?"

"Yes, pal. I am." Bucky said.

"I don't have a problem with this. But I want you to know that if she comes to me and tells me you hurt her. You're dead." Steve said. "You understand?"

Bucky nodded, "Understood."

Steve let go of Aurora and wrapped his arms around you, "Just take care of her."

"I will." Bucky said, holding Aurora's hand in his.

"And thanks for helping me." Steve said.

"Of course." Bucky said.

"Come on. Let's go celebrate our engagement." Steve smirked.

"Okay. Let's go out." Bucky said and pulled Aurora out of the office while Steve took you to your bedroom.

"That was not good, Steven Rogers." You said.

"I don't care." Steve said, picking you up bridal style. "I'm just celebrating the day with my fiance."

"That sounds nice." You squealed as Steve threw you down on the bed.

"I love you, my fiance." Steve said, pressing his lips to yours.

"I love you too." You said and pushed him on his back.

"Nice moves." Steve said resting his hands on your waist.

"Learnt from the best." You said.

"Let's get started then."