Chapter 25

"Now we wait for Stark's signal."

Coincedentely, Tony came at the exact moment. "Looks like you took care of him." Tony said as he looked at Rumlow on the floor.

"Yeah. Thanks for letting me do it." Bucky smirked.

"Anyway. Pierce is busy in his office right now and I don't know where exactly Y/N is. But I can make someone take me to her." Tony said, "You can follow me discreetly."

"Okay. Let's go then." Steve said, putting the gun behind his back.

Tony nodded, "Come on." He opened the door and talked to a guard standing outside. "Can you take me to her?"

"Sure, sir. This way." The guard said and motioned Tony to follow him. Steve and Bucky came out a few seconds later and followed them up a stairwell and to a room. Steve nodded at Bucky and he got the idea. Bucky slowly jogged up to the guard and knocked him unconscious.

"She in here?" Steve asked as he went to the door.

"She should be." Tony said.

"Okay. Let's just get her out of here and home." Steve said as Tony opened the door and they stepped inside. "Y/N!" Steve shouted as he saw you handcuffed to the bed. You called for him but it was muffled due to the tape. "It's okay. I got you." Steve carefully removed the tape. "You okay?" Steve asked as your body was shaking due to the cold temperature of the room.

"I-I'm okay." You stuttered.

Steve looked at the cuffs and then at Tony, "Can you?"

"I'll be right back." Tony said and went out of the room.

"Y/N?" Steve asked and went to cup your cheek but you flinched away. "It's okay, princess. You don't need to be scared." Steve said calmly. "You'll be home soon."

You nodded as you felt tears running down your face. "Here. I got 'em." Tony said and handed the keys to Steve, who uncuffed you.

Steve gave you his hand and you shakily accepted it and helped you up. His eyes went to your torn shirt. He sighed and removed his jacket and wrapped it around you. "Bucky will take you home, princess. I have to end this." Steve said.

"S-Stevie?" You said.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"B-Be careful. I need you b-back." You said and gave him a small smile.

"I will. I love you." Steve said.

"I love you too, Steve." You said.

"Go with Bucky. He'll keep you safe." Steve said, letting go of your hand.

You nodded and walked over to Bucky as he put his arm around your shoulder and led you out of the room. You didn't remember the route Bucky was taking you. So you thought it night ne another one.

You shrugged it off. All you wanted was to be home and in Steve's arms. Once outside, you met with Peter who was waiting outside a car. "Start the car, Parker." Bucky said and helped you in the back seat and sat in the front with Peter as the car started.

You closed your eyes in satisfaction that you were safe. The only thing that confused you was Tony's behaviour. One day he wanted to kill Steve and then he was helping Steve to get you out.

"Y/N. It's a long journey. Why don't you get some sleep?" Bucky said, looking over his shoulder at you.

"N-No." You stuttered. You were scared to fall asleep. The last you fell asleep and let your guard down- "I'm not."

"You're safe, doll. Just get some rest." Bucky said.

"H-He..." You trailed off.

"He's dead, Y/N. You're okay." Bucky insisted. "Lie down and sleep."

"Okay." You said and pulled Steve's jacket tighter around you. The smell of Steve's cologne consumed and comforted you and instantly you fell into a deep slumber.