Chapter 21

"How'd you find us?" Steve asked as he sat on the couch with Sam.

"Your watch? You have a tracker in it. Remember?" Sam said.

Steve looked down at his wrist, his favourite watch. He always wore it because it was the last gift his mother gave him before she died. "Yeah. I do."

"I tracked it down after you didn't come back." Sam said. "I can't believe Stark would do something like this."

"I can't believe it either." Steve said as he lightly caressed the outline of the watch.

"I hope I'm wrong, but do you think Y/N was involved in all this?" Bucky asked.

"No. I know she won't do this." Steve said.

"I know that too, but he's her brother how could he do this to her?" Sam asked.

"She'll be heartbroken. That's why I want to find her soon." Steve said, "I want Stark here. Alive."

"You want Stark? Why not just find Pierce?" Bucky asked.

"I want to know why he did this and he'll know where Y/N is." Steve said.

"You're right. I'll be on it. Why don't you get some rest?" Sam said.

"No. I'm not resting until I find Y/N." Steve said.

"Okay. Let's get on with it then." Bucky said as he went to start working on finding Stark.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You paced the small room you were kept in since Steve surrendered. You saw him being taken away in another van, somewhere you didn't know.

But before you could question Tony for what he did, he had pushed you into the van and closed the door behind you.

Now you were in this small room. You hoped you'd get some answer. You were totally devastated. You couldn't believe that Tony would do this. You had never seen Tony turning his back on his allies. And then he did this to Steve. From what Steve had told you, you knew they had been allies since the last ten years.

The sound of the door knob made you stop your movement. You turned and saw Tony coming in. You stared at him hard as he walked towards you. "Are you okay?" He asked.

"Now you want to ask if I'm okay?!" You yelled at him. "Did you think that before putting the gun on my head?!"

"I did what was right." Tony said. He tried to put his arms around you but you stepped away from him.

"How could you Tony? How could you?" You said. "I can't believe you did this." You sobbed lightly.

"Sweets, just list-" Tony started but you stopped him.

"Don't call me that! What did Steve do to make you do this? Why send me to him if you hated him so much?!" You wanted answers and he wasn't giving you any.

Tony sighed as he took a quick step towards you and trapped you between him and the wall. "Shut up, okay? Just shut up. I did what I had to. I had to protect you. Steve is not a good man for you. He needs to die."

You were shocked as Tony said those words. "Then why did you send me to stay with him?"

"I had no other choice. I didn't trust anyone else and I couldn't take you with me." Tony said.

"You were okay with him dating me?" You asked. How could he be so double- minded?

"I did it to keep everything under wraps. And it was the best option." He said.

"So you'd kill the only man I ever loved?" You asked.

"Yes. He's not a good man. He needs to die." He repeated his words.

"And you are?" You said. "How can you say he's not a good guy if you do the same things as he did?! I never judged you two because you had a good heart and never hurt any innocent people. Tell me, Tony. Tell me!" You screamed.

Tony stayed silent for a minute before he spoke again, "I am telling you this for the first and last time. Forget about Rogers." Tony said calmly, "Get some rest. I'll see you soon. Bye." With that Tony left the room, leaving you a crying mess. You sat on the bed and pulled your knees closer to your body and cried.