Chapter 14

Steve slammed the door of his car closed as he parked into his garage. He walked into the house and noticed that it was empty, other than the few bodyguards he had around the house.

Walking into the kitchen he saw a note lying on the kitchen counter.

-Had to leave for work. And I'm assuming you told Bucky to keep an eye on me, right? I also made breakfast. It's in the fridge, reheat it in the microwave an enjoy.

I love you.

Y/N-

Steve smiled as he read the note. She took such care of him last night and every single day since they started living together. She made breakfast even when she had to leave early for her photoshoot.

That was the moment Steve swore to protect Y/N with his life. It wasn't like he wouldn't protect her if this wasn't the situation. He didn't care if he died while protecting her. Steve ate his breakfast and called Tony and arranged a meeting with him that very day.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What is it, Rogers?" Tony asked as him and Rhodey sat down in front of Steve while Peter stood behind his mentor.

"It's a very important matter." Steve said, leaning forward on his desk. "We got Rumlow last night and he gave me some very important information."

"What did he say?" Tony asked.

"Pierce is alive and he knows about Y/N." Steve said.

"Fuck!" Tony cursed. He didn't even acknowledge Pierce. All Tony was concerned about was his sister and her safety.

"It's not your fault, Tony. You did all you could to protect her from all this." Steve said. "I promise you I will do everything in my power to protect her as well."

"Where is she right now?" Tony asked.

"She is at one of her photoshoots. I told Bucky to be with her and keep an eye on her. So she's safe." Steve said.

Tony sighed in relief. "Okay. So what are you going to do about Pierce?"

"I have no idea. I want to know what he's planning first." Steve said. "I need your help in it."

"Sure. Tell me what you need." Tony said.

Steve and Tony continued planning a plot for defeating Pierce incase he decided to do something. But they didn't have any idea of what was happening with Y/N and Bucky.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Are you sure this is the place?" Bucky said as he stopped the car in front of a very isolated-looking cabin.

"Yes, Bucky. They gave me this location." You said.

"Hold on. I'll go and check." Bucky said and stepped out of the car. "Stay here." He said to you through the window and left to go and check the cabin.

Bucky went to the door and knocking on it. But he got no response. He turned around and motioned to you that he was going around to the back and you saw him disappear behind the cabin.

A few minutes passed and Bucky wasn't back yet. You wanted to go and check but he had told you to stay in the car. But your curious ass wanted to know what took him so long. So you opened the door and walked in the direction Bucky went in. That's when you heard a gun shot and saw Bucky stumbling down the stairs of the porch. "Bucky." You screamed and ran towards him.

Bucky looked at you as he clutched his injured shoulder. "What the fuck are you doing? I told you to stay in the car."

"I know. I'm sorry." You said. "Are you okay?"