Chapter 28

You woke up in your room back at home. You felt a little pain in your left hand and saw it covered with bandage. You remembered when Rumlow cut you. You shuddered at the thought of what he did and felt a squeeze on your other hand.

You turned and saw Steve holding your good hand and sitting on the cold floor. He had his head down on the bed and seemed to have fallen asleep. Even though he was asleep he could feel your small movements. How were you going to explain him what exactly happened? Would he still want you after?

"Stop overthinking, princess. I can literally hear you." Steve said and opened his eyes, looking up at you.

"Steve." You said, but the moment you saw his red and swollen eyes and beaten face, you started crying.

"Hey, it's alright. It's over, Y/N." Steve said and sat down next to you.

You sat up on the bed and cupped his face, running your finger on his split lip. "Are you okay?"

"I'm okay, princess. This is nothing." Steve said and kissed your fingers. "How are you?"

"I'm fine." You said, looking down at your lap. "Just in a little pain. That's all."

Steve nodded as he took your hand and held it in his. "You want to talk about it?"

"No." You shook your head. "I would rather not."

"It's alright, princess. I understand." Steve said.

"Thank you, Steve." You said.

"For what?"

"For saving me." You said, "He would have done it if you didn't come."

Steve sighed and nodded his head, "You don't need to thank me. You should thank Tony. It was all his planning."

"Tony? But he-"

"It was all his plan to make sure you were okay. He was just doing the right thing in the wrong way." Steve said.

"Why didn't he tell me?"

"I don't know. Maybe he wanted it to be believeable." Steve said.

"How did you come in?"

"Tony drugged me and made it look like he'd caught me." Steve said. "It was the only way. And then he snuck Bucky inside as well."

"You got it bad." You said and touched his bruised cheek.

"It's fine. Had to be believeable." Steve said and moved closer to you. "I've missed you, princess. I've missed you so much." He whispered as a few tears fell down.

"I missed you too, Stevie." You said, wiping his tears.

"I'm sorry, This all happened because of me. You got hurt because of me." Steve sobbed.

"Hey, come here." You said and Steve laid his head down on your lap. "This isn't your fault, Stevie. None of this is. You did your best to keep me safe. Don't blame yourself."

"But-"

"No. buts. Steve. Don't do this."

Steve sighed and nodded, "Okay." He sat up again, "I won't let you go ever again." Steve said and wrapped his arms around you.

"I love you, Stevie." You said.

"I love you too, princess." Steve said and kissed your head. "I won't fail you again."

"You haven't, Stevie." You said and pulled back, cupping his face. "Thank you once again."

"Well, I couldn't leave my best girl." Steve said and smiled a little.

You blushed and looked down at your lap. But you jerked your head up when there was a knock and the door opened and Aurora came in. "Hey, dinner's ready. You want to come?"

You looked at her confused. Who was this girl? But you got your answer when Steve turned around. "Rora." Steve said and looked back at you. "I wanted to tell you something."

"What?" You asked.

"Come here, Rora." Steve said and Aurora came closer to the bed. "This is Aurora, my sister. She was alive all this time. I saw her when Pierce took me first." Steve explained.

"But you said she died." You said.

"Yes, I know. That's what I thought. But Pierce kept her alive. Wanting to use her and you both against me." Steve said.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know." You said to Aurora.

"It's fine." She said with a sweet smile on her face. "I am happy that you're safe. Steve was going mad when you weren't around. You've really changed him."

"Hey, come on. Rora." Steve groaned.

"It's fine." You smiled at her. "Thanks for telling me."

"You're welcome." Aurora said. "Anyways, come down for dinner and we can get to know each other." She pointed between you amd her.

"Yes, of course. I'd love to." You said.

"Okay. See you." She said and closed the door behind her.

"So you went mad?" You asked.

Steve groaned, "Please, princess."

"Tell me, Steve."

"Fine. I was mad. I didn't know what do to. I felt so incomplete without you. And then Tony. It was a fucking nightmare." Steve said.

"Did you at least take care of yourself?"

"Yes, I did." Steve said and looked down.

"Steve...." You pried.

Steve sighed, "No, I didn't. I just wanted you back. I...I couldn't concentrate on anything else. How do you know I was lying?"

"I've been staying with you for long enough to know you, Steve." You said. "Come on let's go have dinner. You must be hungry then."

Steve smiled at you, "Yes. Come on." Steve said as he stood up and walked over to the door.

"Wait." You said and stood up. You wrapped your arms around his neck, "Kiss me first."

You sure?" Steve asked. You nodded and he pulled you closer by your waist. "Okay then." You smiled as Steve leaned in and kissed you. You felt safe and comfortable in his arms. It felt like home.

A minute later, Steve pulled away from the kiss. Leaving you breathless. "Now let's eat dinner." You said and opened the door. "You coming?"

Steve chuckled as he followed behind you. "Yeah. Let's go."