Chapter 22

One month later.....

Steve rushed towards the elevator from his room as soon as he got a call from Bucky that he had found Stark and had brought him down in the secret basement he had in his home. He'd made sure you didn't know about this.

Steve took deep breaths to control his anger. He didn't want his anger to take over his actions. Steve calmed down as the elevator stopped down at the ground floor. He opened the small secret compartment and put his fingerprint in the machine. Soon the elevator started again and moved further down.

Steve stepped out of the elevator and made his way to the door. But no matter how much he calmed himself, the anger, the feelings he had kept pushing away came rushing back to him when he saw Tony's face. But he controlled himself.

Steve stepped in front of Tony, "Hello, Rogers." Tony said.

Steve looked at his bloody face. "Looks like he gave you one hell of a fight." Steve said as he turned towards Bucky who was holding an ice bag to his nose. "You alright?"

"Yeah. I'm okay." Bucky said.

Steve nodded, "Why don't we get started? Hmm?" Steve said to Stark.

Tony tilted his head at Steve, "What do you want?"

"You know what I want." Steve said, "I want Y/N back to me safely. So you better tell me where you're keeping her. Or it'll get worse for you." Steve walked more closer to Tony. "But first I want to know why the fuck you betrayed me."

Tony shrugged at Steve, "I am not telling you a thing." Tony said, "I'd rather suggest you leave me or my men will come straight for you." Tony threatened.

"I'm not scared of your threats, Stark." Steve said. "Tell me or I'll-"

"You'll what?" Tony interrupted him, "Kill me? You won't do that. You're a big softy to do that. And plus you don't want Y/N to be mad at you, do you?"

Steve got angry and wrapped his hand around Tony's neck, squeezing tight. "Tell. Me." Steve said.

"Steve, control yourself." Bucky said as he put down the ice pack, getting ready to interfere if needed.

"Don't tell me to control myself." Steve said to Bucky and turned back to Tony. "This was mine and Pierce's fight. There was no need to bring Y/N in all this. But you did. And trust me when I say this, I won't leave you if there is another scratch on her." Steve's hand tightened around Tony's throat more. He didn't loosen his grip until Tony was choking for air.

"Stop it, pal. Come on." Bucky said as he pulled Steve away from Tony, who coughed as he inhaled once more.

"It's been a month, Stark. If anything happens to her, I swear I won't stop until I destroy you!" Steve yelled as he pushed Bucky away. "I trusted you and told you everything. I thought you'd help me to find Y/N. But you betrayed me. Why?"

"You want to know the truth?" Tony asked.

"What else do you think?" Steve said.

"I'll tell you. But first tell me where Peter is." Tony said.

"He's fine. He's gone with Sam to look for Pierce." Steve said.

"Okay. Don't hurt him. He didn't know about this." Tony said.

"I know that. Now start speaking." Steve yelled. He was getting way too impatient.

"I did this so I'd have some information on the inside and know what Pierce is doing. I didn't do this out of hatred for you. I did this because I knew that he'd go for Y/N to get to you. Three months ago, I went to him and made a deal with him. He thinks I hate you for dating Y/N." Tony said. "And I'm sorry for what I did. But I did it so I knew what his plan is. He wanted to kill you both when you came to take Y/N from him. But I stopped him."

"How am I supposed to trust you, Stark?" Steve said, "How am I supposed to know you're telling the truth after what you did?"

"I am telling you the truth, Rogers. Trust me." Tony said.

"Tell me his plan. If you want to gain my trust back tell me his plan and Y/N's location." Steve said.

"He didn't tell me his new plan. But I know that he found Rumlow. And he's send him to look out for you. And as of Y/N's location.... Tony shook his head.

"What?" Steve said, "Don't tell me you don't know where she is."

"I did. But before they shifted her to another location. They thought I would tell you where she is. So they took her somewhere I don't know." Tony said.

"Fuck." Steve yelled, running his hands down his face. "How could you let them do this? What the heck were you doing?"

"I was trying to convince him not to but then Bucky came and attacked me." Tony said. "They know you have me. So even if I go back, he won't tell me where she is."

Steve groaned in irritation, "Do you at least know where Pierce is?"

"He went to his home in DC yesterday. Said he's going to stay there for some time." Tony said.

"Then he will keep Y/N with him." Steve said. "I'm giving you a chance, Stark. But if you do this again I won't hesitate to shoot you. Even if Y/N's watching I'll do it."

"I won't." Tony said. "Now can you please get me out of these?" Tony asked as he shook his hands in the restraints.

"Get him out." Steve told Bucky. "And clean yourself. I need some time alone." Steve said and left.