His mind went back to when he first saw the little boy, it was the work of a lower moons blood demon art. The way y/n stared at him with nothing but anger, the determination in his eyes to save everyone and the sadness of the stories behind it all. 

At first he hated, no, he despised the child for looking at him in such a way. Kokushibo hated how similar y/n and his twin brother looked, the only difference was that he saw how strong y/n's desire to protect these humans were, he also saw how his brother was able to choose this boy, a child, to be his successor.

Y/n Kamado, a boy of six years of age. A water breathing user who somehow was able to use other breathing techniques. A boy who's not afraid of death. A protector, a friend, a brother. Y/n Kamado was strong, and it was clear that he was willing to risk everything to save his family and all of humanity.

.

"A child..what could you possibly have to offer for, that man, to want you?" Kokushibo spoke emotionlessly as he approached the child. "You seem quite useless."

.

"He knows where the blue spider lily is." Muzan's voice echoed throughout the infinity fortress, catching the attention of the upper moons. "He also has it in his blood, it's in his veins." 

.

"Mishikatsu Tsugikuni." Y/n's body trembled in anger as he tried to attack, only to find his body unable to move on demand. He was paralysed. "You're a fool!" His voice held no hesitation or fear.

It was a bit amusing to see how this six-year-old yell and carelessly throw insults while slayers five times his age would quiver and coward in fear, begging to be spared. 

.

"Why did you choose him, Yoriichi?" He asked his brother quietly, side eyeing the boy who wasn't too far away from them. He wanted to know what the younger twin saw in this child who was obviously too young for anything that was currently happening. "Wouldn't it break him? All this weight on his shoulders?"

Yoriichi looked down sadly, he knew Mishikatsu was right. "I know the risks, brother. But he's shown himself to be quite strong, having support from both the dead and the living." His words surprised the older twin. 

"His drive is to protect those he cares about and to turn his sister back to human. At first, he didn't seem quite promising but eventually, he proved to be the perfect successor."  Yoriichi looked at the child, feeling guilty. "I know how much burden he's carrying alone, y/n refuses help from others despite needing it."

"That still doesn't completely answer my question." Mishikatsu said firmly as if he was about to scold his younger brother. "Why, Yoriichi? Why would you give such a task to a child who could die at any moment?"

"I saw us. I saw how much he resembled us, not only physically but mentally and emotionally. He's strong. Stronger than anyone you will ever meet, I guarantee. But he is also willing to do whatever it takes to rid the planet from demons. Even if he were to go against his comrades."

Yoriichi looked back up to meet his brothers eyes. "He's stronger than me, brother. Even if he isn't physically stronger than me, he's still stronger in more ways than one." 

.

"I trust you, Y/n Kamado.."

.

Sanemi had passed out, Muichiro and Genya were slowly losing their lives, if they haven't already. Gyomei was the only one standing as y/n was exhausted on the floor, trying to save the two teens.

Y/n dragged himself towards Muichiro desperately. It was like Shinobu's situation all over again. Once he reached the older boy he began working, trying his hardest to re-patch the Hashira. "Muichiro, it's okay. We won." He muttered breathlessly as he healed the boy.

The Hashira looked at the child in shock, he knew y/n was now a demon but he didn't think he'd be able to do this. Strings of blood attached his two separated body parts together as if he was being sewn back together. "Y/n.." He muttered warily. 

"You're okay.." Y/n looked him in the eyes, his own tired ones bore into the young Hashira's as he could feel the emotion through them. "But, I want you to see someone first.."

.

Muichiro stood in an unknown place beside y/n, it was so bright but empty. "Y/n, where are we?" He asked, feeling very confused. 

"I'll tell you later." Y/n said before calling out to someone. "Yuichiro!" Muichiro's brother, walked towards them and looked at his twin in horror. 

"No, he can't be here!" The boy yelled. 

.

"Genya! Hey, hey!" Y/n yelled anxiously, not waiting for a reply as he began working on healing him. The child shook him over and over to get a response but to no avail. "Tsk. You better wake up after.."

A gasp was heard and y/n let out a sigh of relief. 'I did it..I saved them..' Were his thoughts before he finally, finally let himself succumb to the darkness of his unconscious state. 'I can save them.'

"It's almost time, child. We will be unstoppable together!"

~~~

~Will edit later~

Published: 23/01/23

Word count: 1474