Chapter 1 - Two Gods Pt. 1/2 "Earth's Wrath"

"Talking"
'Thinking'
"Flashback"
"Attack/Name"
"Narrator"

At the end of the Great War

Higher Plane - Underworld

    Both warriors swung their weapons, spark crashing off of the refined metal. The first warrior had a beard and long stringy hair soaked in blood, wielding a massive warhammer. The second wielded a spear, his blonde hair tied into a winding ponytail, undulating behind him with his every movement.

   The first raised his hammer, before crashing it down onto the ground, dirt erupting from the floor. His exhaustion finally caught up to him, evident by his failure to raise his weapon once more. The blonde swiped his spear across the man's cheek, nearly tearing the first's jaw off; before stabbing his spear in the first's collarbone, snapping through the bone and muscle.

   The warrior was forced back, letting go of his weapon, screaming as his jaw hung loose. The spear piercing through pinned him to the dirt, forcing him to stare up at the sky. Breathing heavily, the spearman's eyes glowed red before staring at the hammer still embedded in the dirt.

   'Yes, do it. After all, he was the one who killed your family.' A deep, gravelly voice stated within the spearman's mind. A voice that had been with him for a while now, aiding him on his conquest.

   The second warrior took the hammer, dragging it through the spongy dirt. It wasn't his forte, yet it would do just fine in killing the brute before him. He stepped on the near-dead man, looking into his eyes just as the first did his family. 'Yes... Do it, this is what he deserves.'

   The voice materialized in the second's head again, causing him to raise the weapon above his head. All before smashing down into the first's skull, taking a gross pleasure in hearing the flesh and bone explode.

   Falling backward onto the ground, the blonde stared up at the sky. Pleased with the outcome, the voice spoke once more. 'You did good boy, you both will be useful to me...'

   Panicking, the second man sat up, scanning the area around him. Confused, he yelled, "W-what do you mean? I killed him, just like he deserved!"

   'That you did, even so, the ritual is not complete. The king still needs more.' The voice said, with an almost ritualistic tone. 'Just look up.'

   Obeying his command, the warrior looked away from the setting sun. Watching as a massive beam of raw magic energy was about to obliterate the land.

   "You, you did this! Didn't you!" The warrior screamed, grabbing his spear before running from impending doom. 'It is useless to run. You will be next, then I will continue to slaughter the other clans so that they may be useful to me.'

   "Then, may they remain safe, for all eternity..." The warrior spat back before the beam of light crashed down into the land. A ball of pure light raced toward the warrior, incinerating everything it touched. Closing his eyes, the warrior fell to his knees, reflecting on his life one last time.

   As the warmth of the ball finally dissipated, all that was left was the resulting crater. The only one present remains in a shadowed form. Watching over the barren landscape, he chanted,  "The time for Goetia's completion is near, when he is completed he will destroy the Lower Plane of Earth."

Time Skip - Mid 2003

Lower Plane - Earth

   Why was it here, there had been no Demons around it even after he destroyed it. Perhaps it wasn't even a Gore Nest? No, he could sense the Hell Energy flowing from it, corrupting the land around it. Something was coming, the Demons were planning an invasion.