* ˚ ✦ 𝐢 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫'𝐬

* ˚ ✦ a letter from natasha to her daughter, after she disappeared in the blip...

new year's day - taylor swift
1:33 ──〇──── 3:55
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

warning sad, talks of death...
age ...

!ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS IS MY OWN STORY!

⸺ ⧗ ⸺

Hey darling, it's mama.

It is December 31st today, and as we get closer to midnight I have to say, I hate New Year's.

And, this time, I will not say '2023 is going to be my year.' I hope it will be our year.

I hope for a year with less loneliness and more time to dance, laugh and whisper promises. I want a year fulfilling as it can possibly be because I deserve it... at least I think I do.

Haven't I given enough after all?

So tonight, I will open a window in our silent apartment to listen to the fireworks and I will shift my pillow a little closer to the moon and beg the stars for a year that's less cruel for us.

I just want you back honey.

Often, this time of year, makes me want to rip my beating heart out of my chest. I wonder if that is what it takes for people to understand that I have been fighting for my life since you died. And I am losing.

I fall into the state of loneliness as I drown into my tears. I am sick of tired and feeling drained. But the comfort of the dried slaty tears that ran down my face feels like home.

A New Year comes with new resolutions, and it's getting hard to keep up the illusion. Maybe this year I'll feel better. Maybe this year my brain won't feel under the weather. Maybe this year i'll get out of bed and feel excited about the day... but if i don't feel better, then i'll just look in the mirror... and say, "well, maybe next year."

I hope to get you back soon.

I love you and I miss you always,
Mama.

AUTHOR'S NOTEa sad new year one shot hehehei debated whether or not to post this

AUTHOR'S NOTE
a sad new year one shot hehehe
i debated whether or not to post this... didn't want to be cruel...
this is actually taken from my journal 👀
anyway
gracie is releasing an album?!! and i am sooooooo excited aaaaaaah!!