* ˚ ✦ 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝟏𝟎 : 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐬

* ˚ ✦ day n°10 : natasha promised to be home in time for chirstmas

please come home for christmas - aaron neville

1:52 ───〇─── 3:44
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

warning none just chaos
age 10

!ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS IS MY OWN STORY!

⸺ ⧗ ⸺

Natasha promised. She promised she'd be back in time for Christmas. You begged and begged, relentlessly, not to take on that mission. She's been gone for a week and a half now... It was only supposed to take a week though. And Christmas day was getting closer and closer, she had yet to show up.

This entire time you've been at Melina's, Natasha wished for you to be close to family whilst she was away, especially during the holidays. Even though you loved every team member, she knew how lonely it could get in the compound.

You sighed as you left your spot by the window as Melina called everyone for dinner. You sulked and slumped into your seat, though nobody mentioned your slouching. It was just another dinner without Natasha.

Melina made your favourite to try and cheer you up. And the nice gesture made you smile, but it wasn't enough to make you forget.

"Any news?" You ask no one in particular, opting to address everyone at the table instead.

They all looked sadly at each other before Melina shook her head negatively. She reached to hold your hand, a comforting gesture she hoped would make you feel a tiny bit better, "She'll be back soon."

"You don't know that." You sighed sadly, finishing your dinner in silence. You placed your empty plate in the sink and made your way upstairs to get ready for bed. You got in your pyjamas, brushed your hair and teeth and got into bed. You read and played until Melina came to tell you it was time to sleep. She tucked you in, but it just wasn't the same. You loved her, but you wanted mama.

"Please come home mama. Please."

It was 7:30am when Natasha could finally see the outline of Melina's house in the distance. It was still very dark outside and cold, not that she cared. She drove all night just to be there in time. She could've taken the jet, but that would've attracted way too much unwanted attention.

She could see the light from the kitchen window and living room, someone was awake at least. The closer she got, she realized it was Melina making breakfast while Yelena was just cuddling on the couch with Fanny watching TV. If you didn't know about their pasts and history, you'd think they were a pretty normal family doing pretty normal family stuff.

She stepped out the car and rushed to the front door. She knocked relentlessly on the door and when it was finally open, she was greeted by Melina holding a gun to a head. "Wha-"

"Natalia!" Melina was quick to lower her gun, still shocked to see the redhead in front of her. She could've at least called to tell her she was on her way!! "Oh sorry, come in." She ushered her daughter inside and closed the door behind her. Natasha enjoyed the warmth the house provided for her, after hours and hours sitting in a car, it felt nice.

It took Fanny a second before she started barking and ran to Natasha. Yelena never far behind her dog, tackled her sister into a hug the second the redhead was in arm's reach.

The blonde released her older sister from the hug and immediately slapped the back of her head. "Where have you been!" The blonde whisper-yelled, Melina nodding in agreement.