Vl. Braiding

Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Vl. Braiding

--

Needs Re-written, and focus more on the blossoming of relationship (Focuse in on that)

JAKE LET OUT A BREATHY SMILE as he felt the familiar features overcome his body. His eyes opened, trying to adjust to the newfound light his heart skipped a beat as he felt something twitch on his tailbone and by his forehead. He shook his head at his stupidity, already quickly again adjusting to the Avatar's body.

His wide-yellow lemur eyes glanced around the see-through leaf. He sat up, grounding at the sore parts of his body. His tail swished behind him as he glanced at where Ka'yi slept, seeing the girl was already gone, her leaf spread out wide open.

His mouth opened in a large yawn,, his nose scrunching as his large canines shown. His breath caught in his throat as he heard a cough from behind him. He sprung up, his legs shaking along with the rocking of the leaf, his hands instantly grabbing onto the lower branch.

Ka'yi stood with her arms crossed, leaning on a large branch next to her as her tail flicked behind her. Jake's ears twitched as he looked at her, a sheepish smile on his face. "Hi, Ka'yi." Jakes greeted her as he grabbed onto the branch, pulling himself up with a grunt.

Ka'yi eyed the man up and down, a blank face meeting his. "Jake." She curtly said as he walked in front of her, his eyes gazing into hers. "So what are we doing today?" Jake asked as his head tilted to the side as he looked into her large, yellow eyes.

"We will wait for Tsu'tey to get back from the hunt, for now, we will fix your hair." She pointed to his messy morning hair. It was messy, with small strands everywhere as the only needed thing was his braid. Jake cringed, his hand reaching up to fiddle with his slightly longer hair.

"Follow." Ka'yi waved her hand to the boy who instantly nodded, following behind her like a puppy. Her ears lowered in greeting to the other Na'vi, whose ears did the same thing to her and not the Avatar beside her. Jake tried to smile at the others, his lips thinning as they pressed together and the corners lifted up.

Ka'yi raised a non-existent eyebrow at his way of greeting before brushing it off. She jumped down, her hair swaying as she felt the breeze on her body at the slightly high drop. Her tail twitched when she felt Jake brush against it, him coming up close behind her to where she could feel his breath.

Though her mind went against it her body didn't move, staying in place as her ears lowered slightly at the proximity. Jake stood behind her, his gaze on her before it shifted in front to where she was looking. Young Na'vi sat in a line, their hands in each other's hair as handmade beads were laid in a small bowl by each of them.