XIX. Toruk

Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

XlX. Toruk

(Edited!)

-

   THE WIND CARESSED her flowing hair, harmonizing with the exhilarating roar of Se'ayl reverberating through her body. Gripping the rounded skin of her ikran, Ka'yi stole glances at Jake, his face radiating pure joy as he clung tightly to Bob, their spirits soaring through the vast expanse of the open sky. A contagious smile spread across her face, and she let out a yipping cry of sheer delight, promptly echoed by Jake.

As they flew, the wind tickled Ka'yi's ears, causing them to twitch playfully as they brushed against the leaves of a majestic tree. With an outstretched hand, she playfully brushed the foliage, relishing the touch of nature.

"I Was a stone-cold aerial hunter. Death from above."

They flew in close proximity, savoring the symphony of wildlife melodies enveloping them. Jake skillfully maneuvered Bob to position himself beside Ka'yi in the limited airspace available.

"The only problem is, you're not the only one."

"Aye!" Ka'yi's jaw trembled with excitement as she vocalized, observing Jake drawing back his bow, attempting to replicate her sound. It resembled more of a dying animal than a Na'vi, prompting Ka'yi to make a mental note to help him perfect it later.

Squinting her eyes and scrunching her nose in wonder, Ka'yi's gaze was met with a shadow blocking the sky. Jake appeared equally perplexed, scanning their surroundings. Her eyes widened, and her mouth parted slightly in astonishment. "Toruk," she murmured, beholding the majestic creature spreading its formidable wings and extending its razor-sharp claws. His red, orange and black skin only doubled her acknowledgment.

Dive!" Jake's urgent shout filled the air, his grip on Bob tightening as they plummeted towards the ground, narrowly evading the menacing claws of Toruk. Ka'yi's surprise manifested in a gasp, narrowly dodging the creature's relentless pursuit as it now turned its attention to Jake. With Se'ayl's agility rarely amiss, Ka'yi spun around, emitting a series of chirped calls to communicate with Jake as they continued their descent.

Ka'yi's heart raced as they weaved through the dense forest, her ears flattened against her head, emitting a hiss of determination. Jake's resolute call reached her ears, and she swiftly positioned herself both in front and behind him, fear gnawing at her heart.

As they darted through the thick foliage, the leaves brushed against Ka'yi's skin, eliciting hissing reactions. Toruk screeched as it pursued them, Se'ayl responding with a defiant screech as they skillfully maneuvered through the labyrinth of trees.

A branch narrowly missed Ka'yi's head, prompting her to dive lower, with Jake's frantic cry urging them on. "Go, go!" His voice cracked, amplified against the rushing wind and Toruk's piercing screeches.