XX. Ceremony of Betrayal

Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

XX. Ceremony Of Betrayal

IT HAD RAN THROUGH JAKE'S mind many times. 'There is a day when all of this would be gone' He was so close to becoming one of the people, and with that he would become a man. And with trust, he could per sway the ometickya people to a different location when they take the mother tree.

It ran through his mind when he sat, the drying white paint on his body creating many different textures on his skin. His yellow eyes stared at Ka'yi as she sat in front of him, a bowl by her body that was filled with the thick white paint she applied to his skin.

Her fingers traced from his forehead to his nose and off to the side of his cheeks, tracing the pattern of his skin and the paint that had already been there. Jake's ears twitched at every breath she made and every touch of her skin to his. Her fingers went down his cheek to the corners of his mouth. Then finally making two marks from the upper lip to his lower lip, the touch made his lips pull up into a small, barely noticeable smile.

'The Na'vi say that every person is born twice'

His lips slightly opened when her hands trailed down his neck in a fleeting touch before they pulled away. His eyes stayed on her for every movement and moment. Ka'yi turned, her tail flicking.

Many Na'vi stood, or crouched on the ground of the home tree. Their heads turn at the sight of Jake who begins to walk up from the underground. Grace stood out from the other Na'vi, her red top, and yellow pants being the first thing Jake saw when he came up.

'The second time is when you earn your place among The People forever'

Jake stood tall in front of the eyes of the people, his body painted in intriguing patterns of the Na'vi, some that traced the paters of His avatar skin. The people gathered around, Ka'yi standing off to the side of Jake as she watched, a small smile on her face of pride.

Eytukan speaks, his hand held high as he looked to Jake. "Na'vi Ngenga 'itan Omatikayaä luyu set. Na'viyä luyu hapxì." He speaks, his hands calmly displaying as he talks. Jake nods along, a calm look on his face as he looks at Eytukan.

Eytukan moves to rest his hands on Jake's shoulders. Jake stared with wide yellow eyes, breathing heavily at the moment. His heart pounding, the moment he would become one of the Omatikaya. Ka'yi smiles softly, a look of pride resting on her face as she moves to rest her hand on Jake. One hand going to rest on the other shoulder as the other rests on his chest.

Jake looks at her when he feels her touch, smiling softly when she beams at him with a proud smile. He tries to ignore the skipping of his heart when he looks at her. Mo'at comes behind him, resting her hands on his back in slight pride. Perhaps his cup wasn't full, and perhaps some sky demons could actually see.