X. Mourning

Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

X. Mourning

Rayi Te Yìrto Ìuvotx'ite , Sister of Mo'at. Mother of Ka'yi Te Hoehì Eìk ' Veo'ite. A loved member of the people.

The blanked Na'vi sat, ears lowered and body still. Her eyes focused on nothing. There was no mind in the cage of blue. Her yellow eyes were dazed and unfocused as they continued to look in the same spot she had been in for hours. Rayi.

Ka'yi watched, leaning on a tree as her eyes focused on her mother. Her tail flicked slowly behind her and her ears flickered slowly with every sound around her. Her arms were folded, crossed together as she stood.

Her lips pressed together in a frown, her tail moving uncertainly as she sighed, the sound barely heard even to herself as she moved to turn around.  Her eyes caught the one of Mo'ats's, who shook her head and glared at the teen. Ka'yi frowned at the sight of her aunt who glared at her.

It hurt her, that was her sister sitting there, her hope diminishing by the second. So she sent a glare to her niece. Ka'yi pressed her lips together, her tail flicking in annoyance. She hated the feeling, she felt helpless and powerless. She could feel the hurting ball that rose up her throat, clawing its way up her throat.

She shook her head, before turning back around to the sight of her mother. She walked forward- steps barely head. She moved to her mother, who didn't have the slightest acknowledgment for her daughter.

She glanced at the children who were already looking at her, watching her moves intently. She waved them off with her hand, a stern look on her face. With a large sigh, she could feel the sparking of her heart, making her fiddle with the bracelets Neytiri had made her.

"Mother." She said curtly, she never was one to be open with emotions. It wasn't like she was closed off, she just didn't know how to express them. She sat on the ground, tucking her feet beneath her. "Mom." She said more softly, ducking her head down in an attempt to reach her mother's eyes.

She cleared her throat, trying to rid it of the hurting feeling of the ball in her throat.

Rayi's ears twitched, her eyes slowly rising from their spot on the ground. Ka'yi's ears were tucked down, her tail coming to curl on her thigh as she saw her mother's eyes. Her once beautiful, wide shining eyes had dulled, the life slowly escaping them as they watched Ka'yi's movements.

Ka'yi could tell her mother wasn't all there, her body was but her mind was somewhere else. Her once long hair was now short and choppy, the missing tsaheylu was the first thing you would notice. It was once there, protected and nurtured, now all that was left was a small, painful remembrance of it.