V. Eat

Chapter Five

Chapter Five

V. Eat

  THEY WALKED UP HOMTREE, the familiar singing made Ka'yis ears twitch as she walked ahead of Jake. The singing stopped as the people now looked at Jake, who had just finished adjusting his very uncomfortable wedgie. "Good evening.." Jakes stammered as he tried to catch up to the girl.

Ka'yi stood, waiting for Jake as he maneuvered about awkwardly. "Please don't get up." He awkwardly laughed as he walked sideways to the girl.  His tail wagged someone in the face making them wrinkle their nose. Ka'yis ears tilted down at the awkwardness.

Jake tried to watch for the tails, though accidentally stepping on one unfortunate one. The person hissed at him, dropping her food in the process. "Sorry." He muttered, his ears perking up when he finally reached the pretty Na'vis side.

Ka'yi touched his shoulder, pushing him down as her eyes remanded on Neytiri who was laughing at her miss fortunate. She walked away from Jake, her tail flicking as she heard him talk to the Na'vi next to him. "Hey, how you doin'?"

She walked near Niya who was handing out some food to a little Na'vi, whose tail was swishing around wildly at the smell. "Niya." She spoke out, a small smile on her usually plain face. "Ah, Ka'yi." Niya exclaimed, already grabbing and preparing a bowl for two. "How is the...uh- Jakesully?" Niya laughed at the scrunched face her friend made at the mention.

"Like baby." She said shortly to Niya who laughed, her white fangs showing. "Well, I hope the baby learns well." Ka'yis ears twitched at the words Niya spoke. "I hope to." She said as she grabbed the bowls from her with a thankful nod. "Eat well." Niya spoke as she watched Ka'yi walk away.

Ka'yi held the hot bowls in her hands, maneuvering past the bundles of tails with ease as she looked to see Jake sully trying to talk to a very uninterested Na'vi. "Yom wutsot." She interrupted, handing the bowl to Jake, who expected it with a 'thank you'. (Eat your meal.)

"Say, I uh- haven't learned your name." Jake interrupted the silence as Ka'yi continued to chew her food as her ears upturned as he talked. "Ka'yi Te Hoehì Eìk ' Veo'ite," She said, her mouth trying not to show the food. Jake's ears flicked in surprise as his eyes went wide. "Ka'yi." She dismissed with a flick of her tail, slightly hitting Jakes's back, though he didn't care.

"Kavi?" Jake pronounced with struggle as he looked at Ka'yi, his pupils slightly dilated. "K-a-ye." Ka'yi tired to pronounce it in a way he could understand. "Ka'yi." He glanced away as he spoke it before looking back at her. "Its nice to meet you Ka'yi." He smiled as his ears turned up. "Its nice." He muttered as he went back to eating.

Ka'yi tired to conceal the small smile, not noticing how Jake's pupils dilated once he saw it, his tail moving slightly faster. The fire reflected off their blue skin, creating a warm environment as they ate.

Once Jake had finished his food he glanced over at Ka'yi who was already finished, staring into the fire with tired eyes. Jake gazed at her with slightly soft eyes, his eyes scanning her face. She had a slight scar on her jaw, along with a patch of bioluminescent freckles that created a star right beside it.

She had braids with beads in them that fell in front of her face as the rest of her hair was down, slightly over her much large braid. She had slightly smaller eyes than the rest, mostly sitting half-lidded like a glare. Her canines were sharp when she smiled, a beautiful sight. She smiled with her nose scrunched most of the time.

Jake quickly looked away when she glanced over at him, her ears flicking. "Let us go, it is time to sleep." She spoke up, grabbing onto his shoulder as she stood from her crouched position. Jake slightly wobbled when he stood up, his long legs sore from all the crouching.

"You will get used to it." She kept her hand on him as the maneuvered through the tails, him doing much better at not stepping or whacking anyone. They sat their bowls in a neatly designated area for the washers chosen tonight to do. "Keep up," Ka'yi said as she sped up, jumping from branch to branch to get up to where they slept.

As she finally got to the main branch she paused, not hearing Jake behind her. She looked down, seeing him struggle with heavy breaths as he worried about falling. "Just move fluidly, there should be an instinct in that dense brain." She muttered the last part, but with the flicking of his ears, she knew he heard it.

When she finally reached where she was she continued walking. Jake breathed heavily as he walked with her. She walked up to the last of the branches, jumping down into a smaller connecting one before jumping into her bed. Jake gassed as he tried to follow her lead, though very less gracefully.

Jake gasped as he jumped down into the smaller branch, before jumping down and grabbing onto it as he hung over his bed. His body scrunched up as he took a deep breath, glancing down at the long fall. He let his legs hand, breathing out in relief as they touched the bed.

He let himself go, rocking on the hammock-like bed as he tried to stable himself. He grunted as he tired to turn around, letting out deep breaths as he shook, trying to lie down. He faced Ka'yi who was watching him, propping himself up on his elbow.

Ka'yi eyed him with a slightly scorched nose before rolling around in the opposite direction, her hand reaching up to slightly pull on the exterior and letting it go as it followed the command and wrapped around her. Jake sighed, still laying face to her back as he curled into himself.

Ka'yi curled into herself, her tail wrapping around her abdomen as her ears twitched at the sound of nature, lulling her to sleep. She listened to the softening breaths of Jake, knowing the Avatar is now returning to his human body.

And with a small yawn, she curled into herself more, allowing her body to rest.

A/N-Sorry that i'm taking a while to update, i'm trying but I have a lot i'm doing so it's not working schedule wise so i'm aiming for getting a new chapter out tomorrow, Thursday or the weekend.